Support

Open search

Increase font on messages app

Highlighted
Observer

Thank you so....................much! Ever since the update, my text messaging font is tiny and even with glasses, it drove me nuts.  This was a GREAT FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yes there is.

Open the text message app but do not select new message or a conversation.

In the upper left hand side of the screen select the 3 line menu.

Select CUSTOMIZATION

Select FONT. It should be the third or fourth button  depending on your carrier.

You can now select from the available Fonts (of which there are too few) and the SIZE directly underneath. It applies the font to the entire app. 

Good Luck

Highlighted
Apprentice

No there isn't a way to effect the font or size IN text messaging.

The customization you suggest changes fonts and size for the screen, not messages within the texting app.

Issue has been resolved and is easier than the menu choices.  It's very easy to just swipe two fingers apart, or together, to change message text size.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Just keeping it alive in case the Samsung folks pay attention.

It is still a problem, and my S9 is less than 6wks old.  Messages version is 10.0.15.9. 

Going to "settings" to increase font size increases fonts in all apps, to the point some are so clownishly large they are hard to read.  Back to "normal" font size for everything else, and Messages fonts are so small I can hardly read them even if I get reading glasses out.  

Not okay, Samsung.  And you usually do things well.  

Highlighted
Explorer

The issue is already resolved. Just try pinch zoom with two fingers after opening a message.

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem.  It use to be the volume button  I also tried in settings. Everything else gets bigger but not in messages. It was fine the other day. Then it just switched 

Highlighted
First Poster

Use a combination of "Screen Zoom", choose a different font ("Font Style"), and "Font Size" to find a font that is readable.

PhotoGrid_1562258401414.png

Highlighted
First Poster

SO SIMPLE. Just pull fingers in or out on the messaging app screen. I think they are calling it pinching. So simple, if they'd just let you know you CANNOT do it in settings, no way, no how... believe me, I searched and tried for probably a couple hours, or close to it. Good luck!

Highlighted
First Poster

So simple and I never thought of it lol. I've  been trying everything. Thank you!!

Highlighted
First Poster

The pinching feature did not work on my samsung s9 in text messages.  Then i found under display settings on my samsung S9 is a SCREEN ZOOM option.  I go in there and did the pinching and then the pinching worked in my text message.

Top Liked Authors