Support

Open search

Increase font on messages app

Highlighted
First Poster

You have accidentally zoomed your messages.  Your text can be enlarged by pinching and zooming and you can also decrease the same way.  I imagine you have figured this out by now, but thought I would respond in case you have not.  This can be effective when you need to zoom in, but it is not convenient on a regular basis.  We should not have to zoom in each time we open a message in order to read it or to see exactly what we are typing. 

Of course, the typing on this phone is ridiculous as well.  I keep getting random letters i.e. bbn, CVS, ing, AMD  when typing.  And it is not the screen protector.  If I use Micorosft launcher or gboard the problem is remedied.  We should not have to download a different launcher or keyboard in order to type efficiently on our phones.  

Highlighted
First Poster

If you notice, that will also change the font on your other screens and much of the text in your captions will be lost.  They need to restore the messaging app to earlier capabilities.  

Highlighted
Explorer
Since there wasn't any mention of it, would like to ask if you already tried pinching in and out to decrease and increase the font size? It works for me on S9+. On the S7Edge, the volume buttons are used to change font size.
Highlighted
I have the same issue on Samsung 7, but only when they did the last update which I finally downloaded around August the 10th 2018. I was able to keep my text messages larger and my typing for one larger all the time but now I have to squeeze it up each time I get on a text message it's absolutely horrible what Samsung update does. I sure would like for them to change it back.
Highlighted
Why did they make it so easy? That kind of messed me up.
Highlighted
First Poster
That did it. Thanks for your help
Highlighted

Oh there's a way to do it bc I have done it by mistake and and cant figure out how to fix it back on my note9

Highlighted
First Poster
Also finding this very frustrating on my Samsung 9. I have to keep going in and out of the font settings as they are too small for my eyes in Message then too large everywhere else. Will try Textra as suggested.
Highlighted
First Poster

I did the same thing,  somehow I made my text font HUGE, and going into settings,  vision, whereever... does NOTHING for the font size in texting

Highlighted
First Poster

Touch the screen with  apart fingers and put together 

Top Liked Authors