Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ims has stopped working

(Topic created on: 15-10-2019 08:42 PM)
BecS
Student
Options

I have a s9 and since the August security patch update the Ims service message keeps coming up, my battery life has dramatically reduced and there are general problems with the phone, such as freezing, which were not present prior to the update. I have tried clearing both data and cache, restarting my phone, restarting in safe mode, rebooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Hi @BecS .

Check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode

One factor that can cause this problem is an app you downloaded and installed in your device. To check if this is the case you should start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.

• Turn off the phone.
  • Press and hold the Power key.
  • When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  • Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  • Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  • When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.

If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by a downloaded app. Find out what app this is and uninstall it. You can test the battery drain for check if there are something inhabitual. I don't know if we have more issues similar to you after last update under S9, but September update will be close.

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

About IMS message, could you text us or upload a screenshot?, thanks.

Remember you will have Andoid 10 update shortly :i-love-you-hand:

0 Likes
BecS
Student
Options

Thanks so much for teplying; greatly appreciated. Phone won't let me take a screen shot as it just freezes. the messages reads: Ims service keeps stopping in a white pop up box and under it reads app info and close app. Closing the app does nothing. This happens continuously which seems to crash the phone.

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Is your firmware updated?, I suppose yesterday that was updated, usually is used WIFI to download and advise but you can download by LTE, this error was fixed before in older version with a Firmware update. Let me try to find information for your model (I'm very bussy), I don't remember the exact model affected, and we will try to fix if we can while we wait answers of other users or moderators of the Community, you will have news after weekend :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type::smiling-face:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Two questions for now

Are you tried to use some generic actions in Safe mode and the same error happen?

Are you tried to save all information and restore to default after be sure the movile phone has last firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

As it seems when we discard applications, it seems a serious system error that could be happend when updated, I thought in some causes, causing a failure to assign a parameter that cause that your system fails, because that service is properly of the System. So you will need an action or update or a restoration on it for proper work, but despite this I do not rule out the possibility of any possible faulty action  on the event.

I wait to help you but if you want I stop to speak :smiling-face:

I need to explain all :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::smiling-face-with-sunglasses::face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye::grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye::face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Ken44
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem. I have a Galaxy J330FN. I sometimes get the message that the IMS service keeps stopping, and sometimes that there is no SIM. Other times it seems OK.

I know nothing, but would be grateful for advice.

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

If you have a no Sim message, first try to change Sim card to a new one (around 3 pounds) also you will have a new Sim with more capacities.

it may be a little worn, bad contact or some slack, you could try it :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you tried a Factory reset as a very last resort @BecS  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "