Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Navigator
Go on YouTube and look back through previous posts mate before you do it. I've successfully rolled my note 8 back! So it can be done.
Voyager

@Zaylow wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  This update is driving me nuts. I can deal with the look but when it took features away from the device that I initially purchased the device for, that was a deal breaker.  I went to Sammobile. I downloaded the Samsung USB driver and ODIN. My phone is unlocked, so I'm confused on which software version to download. 

Look up what the build/baseband number means, that should help. 

Part of it is phone model, then there's region, network provider or unlocked etc 

Depending on the latest update you might not be able to roll back too, if this is a 1 or a 2 you can go back but not if it's a 3 20190522_044326.jpg

Explorer

Thx my guy. I've downloaded Odin and the Samsung drivers from (Sammobile.com) but I'm not sure what software version to download. My phone is unlocked globally so I don't know which carrier to choose.. Once I figure that part out, I should be ready to rollback. The sooner the better. I honestly dislike this Pie Ipdate.  

Voyager

So what is to be done if it is a 3? Just give up or completely wipe the phone? Is that what they call "rooting" the phone?

Navigator
I've already rolled back but still waiting for one of our resident youtube geniuses to figure out how to change binary 3. There must be a way! Life... finds a way. Lol
Voyager

I just fired up the Note 9, and it has a 1 at the end. I might be in luck for one of the phones! I wonder what that 3 means?

I downloaded the manual for Odin, it is like one of my programming manuals( I have done programming for environmental systems), but I don't understand this code.

Voyager

@Maxozone wrote:

I just fired up the Note 9, and it has a 1 at the end. I might be in luck for one of the phones! I wonder what that 3 means?

I downloaded the manual for Odin, it is like one of my programming manuals( I have done programming for environmental systems), but I don't understand this code.

It's a middle number you need check20190522_044326.jpg

Voyager

So I should be fine with this?Screenshot_20190526-101417_Settings.jpg

Navigator

@Maxozone wrote:

It's the build number you want to be looking at Settings>about>software information>Build number 

Navigator
Never mind someone's already replied 😁
Top Liked Authors