Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Explorer

@Maxozone wrote:
Which way did you revert back? I have heard various procedures.. :-)

At sammobile.com you can download firmwares for all samsung phones. When you select into the page which holds the correct firmware for your phone, there is an explenation how to on the right side of the page with also direct link download for odin software. If you have trouble finding the correct firmware i could provide you with a link if you tell me which version of the phone you have (settings > about phone > "model number") mine is SM-G950F - Sweden (tre) 

If im gonna provide link i could need to know origin country of the phone and which carrier

 

Its very easy ^^ only thing is firmware takes time to download with an free account at sammobile ;p you need to create an account to download firmwares. Pick the latest 8.0.0 for oreo

Petition to change ONE UI! http://chng.it/DyJfN8Tk5R
Voyager

@Maxozone wrote:
Which way did you revert back? I have heard various procedures.. :-)

As above but just check your build number, baseband number, you need to make sure you have a 1 or a 2, if you have a 3 you can no longer go back. 20190522_044326.jpg

 

Voyager

So my S9+ had a problem,so I sent it away to get fixed. In the mean time I have dug out my old S7E to use and I prefer the way it works over the one UI and pie. I forgot how smooth and better Oreo is. I do wonder why I upgraded sometimes.

Woody'S9+
Apprentice

I just received a questionnaire which contained leading questions that pertained to this forum .. It asked if I was happy with this forum repeatedly.. Not once did they ask about the product 

Most would answer no and complain about the product  but I could see it's their way of shutting this down. They'd be able to say too many of us complained about the forum and community .. It was SUCH a manipulative questionnaire  So we know what's coming next  Shutting off our voices

Navigator

@CLk wrote:

I just received a questionnaire which contained leading questions that pertained to this forum .. It asked if I was happy with this forum repeatedly.. Not once did they ask about the product 

Most would answer no and complain about the product  but I could see it's their way of shutting this down. They'd be able to say too many of us complained about the forum and community .. It was SUCH a manipulative questionnaire  So we know what's coming next  Shutting off our voices


Sad times are coming.  

AntS Moderator
Moderator

@CLk  and @Moyah8 : Kinda flattered that you’d miss this place if it were gone. But to reassure you, it’s just the standard survey we’ve pretty much always run for feedback on Community itself; and there are no plans for this place to be shut down. Peeps do use the survey to express their views on the product, but we sift those out when it comes to looking for feedback specific to the Community itself.


Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

 Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.


Navigator

@AntS wrote:

@CLk  and @Moyah8 : Kinda flattered that you’d miss this place if it were gone. But to reassure you, it’s just the standard survey we’ve pretty much always run for feedback on Community itself; and there are no plans for this place to be shut down. Peeps do use the survey to express their views on the product, but we sift those out when it comes to looking for feedback specific to the Community itself.


That's reassuring to know. It's even more so reassuring to know that the pain that we are feeling with this update is being noticed.  

 

I can only wait and hope that they come up with a fix before it's too late. I still would like to see the S10 as my next handset, but will sadly not do so whilst this OneUI (in it's current sate)  is in existence on that phone. 

New Member
DOWNLOAD ODIN 3.13.1 from this link : https://odindownloader.com/category/download Then Download your phones Firmware from this link : https://androidfantasy.org/ FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TEE FROM THE site. And it should work for you as it did for me, I also watched a YouTube video where a guy flashed his s6 from Samsung Pie back to it's original form and followed his process with my S9. It really helped now I love my phone again because I couldn't stand that PIE forceful garbage update. It looked just like a wanna be google phone iPhone. I couldn't deal with it or I would've broke and changed phones and companies. Hope this information helps!
Navigator

@androidfantasy1 wrote:
DOWNLOAD ODIN 3.13.1 from this link : https://odindownloader.com/category/download Then Download your phones Firmware from this link : https://androidfantasy.org/ FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TEE FROM THE site. And it should work for you as it did for me, I also watched a YouTube video where a guy flashed his s6 from Samsung Pie back to it's original form and followed his process with my S9. It really helped now I love my phone again because I couldn't stand that PIE forceful garbage update. It looked just like a wanna be google phone iPhone. I couldn't deal with it or I would've broke and changed phones and companies. Hope this information helps!

Proceed with caution anyone jumping in the thread here.

 

Whilst this is a great option and can work, their has been changes since the April 2019 update  I've been told , which may make this rollback not possible. 

Navigator

What is unreasurring is the fact that an admin has ignored everyone's post about the camera software and chose to reply to something completely off topic 🙄

Top Liked Authors