Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Apprentice
Okay so this is for everyone who's upset about the new update for their Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. I just called Samsung customer service and they offered to reflash the phone with the previous update for free at an authorized Samsung dealer. I have not had this done yet but they said that this would revert the phone back to its prior settings and configuration. It is important that anyone who is dissatisfied with the new update call Samsung as they are working on trying to fix the problem and they need the feedback so that way we can get our phones working the way they need to be. I hope this helps
Apprentice
Sounds great. Can you share the the phone number you called to get Samsung customer service?
Observer
also apparently some themes that we've purchased and edge panels that we purchased are just gone so they're stealing from us now
Apprentice

My S9 managed to survive a whole year on a stock ROM. I might be able to survive this mess for another week. 

Please clarify what we are calling a Samsung authorized dealer? When I go into an AT&T store, most of their Tech guys tend to be garbage and barely more knowledgeable than some kid at Walmart. Their main focus is either selling you a new phone or trying to get you to use your warranty/insurance so they can give you a scratched up refurb. Apologies to the tech guys that actually know what they're doing.

Apprentice

i  have lost the feature on the navigation bar where if you double tap the small icon the bar gets hidden and i dont also have the option to change to color of the bar. does anyone have this feature still on ? just making sure this was also one of the awful changes that has been made

First Poster

Am I the only one having an issue with major butt dialing? After the update every single person I text I end up calling somehow.. I have no idea how but it happens at least 90% of the time when I text someone and turn the screen off it calls them automatically. Its driving me crazy, especially since I'm in the medical field and I sent a quick text before my patient walked in and next thing I know they're asking me if I hear a voice, it was my mom screaming hello because my phone called her!! And the fact that I cant hide the bottom bar 😡 

Apprentice

No. It's my #1 gripe! The issue is the large call button area in header. The "menu" underneath is unlabeled on my update, so fixing it there is out. The only way I have been able to stop this is by backing all the way out to the summary screen. Having a convo? Too bad. Any touches to the top two inches is gonna trigger a call. 

Explorer

Automatic calling starts after texting - Indeed I have the same issue !!! Very annoying. My daughter is allowed to send text on the bus, but phonecalls are not allowed... I allready had an angry daughter a couple of times these days ☹️

Explorer

^^THIS^^  My #1 gripe is that I seem to be AUTO-CALLING every time I text now. I can't stand the large icons, the clock placement, etc, but calling people automatically after I text, NO! I also can't keep my phone unlocked at home anymore and I'm sooooo sick of unlocking it every ten minutes!!

I've only had my S9+ for a couple of months and I loved it up until this update. Now it makes me want to throw it out the window.

Apprentice

Today, went to Verizon, my wireless provider.   They indicated PIE update (Android version 9.0) is "carrier" specific.  Some have released it, others like Verizon he stated they have not released it yet.  My email issues had to do with a large Samsung app update.  They changed a lot of things including look and feel stuff, which he helped fix.    Thus I was blaming the Android OS (I am on version 8.0 ,OREO) when it was Samsung doing the bad deed.  They have done this before with lots of apps.

Next I had them turn off all automatic updates for the OS for now, and turned off automatic app updates on a few key apps that I use.  When the clean up the bugs, maybe . . . I will do an OS update in the future.

I think you offer good advice that folks contact Samsumg sutomer service and go to an authorized Samsung dealer to undo the upgrade.

Top Liked Authors