Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Apprentice

So a quick update regarding the butt dialing, I too was having the same problem and I was driving literally all my contacts crazy. I completely found out by fluke, stumbled across something completely by accident and it seems to have corrected the problem. There's something on the phone called direct dial, I don't know if this feature has always been there or if it arrived with the pie update but for some reason it was turned on even though I did not turn it on so regardless it was either installed with the update or turned on as a default with the update. This function makes it so that if you bring your phone to your ear whoever contact information is on your screen it will automatically call them. So I'm thinking if you're texting and you go to put it in your pocket and maybe you're slightly too quick before the screen times out that it's calling these people thinking you've brought it up to your ear similar motion with the phone. I have turn this function off and so far have not butt dialed a person since. Screenshot_20190428-163750_Settings.jpgThis option is located under Advanced features, motions and Gestures

Navigator
Took me about 8 hours but was able to get back my OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI&lc

I have a dark them and I cant read anything in regards to setting, everything is invisible wtf

Voyager

Look at what I got:

Subject: Post Removed
Date: 04-30-2019 03:55 PM

Hello there,

This message is to inform you that a post of yours has been removed due to the fact that it did not progress the technical support of any of our devices. Please keep all future content inside the Get Help section to troubleshooting or relevant to the symptom at hand. We look forward to your continued engagement in the Community. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

You can review our TOS here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091

Navigator
I did the same... kept getting bothered to update. Turned off in Debug mode, and then eventually upgraded... well, accidentally clicked the "install now "button. Can't be asked to start afresh again with Odin.

I do miss my sweet looking Samsung S9 running Oreo look.
Navigator
Bs censorship...
Took me about 5 hours but was able to get back my beloved OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save all my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.

Navigator

Took me about 5 hours but was able to get back my beloved OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save all my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

First Poster

Well put, it's awful! I especially agree with your istatement, so true. I hope they do something about it in the very near future!

Navigator

To get back the recent menu or even new ones, doenload good lock from Samsung in the Samsung store, open it and choose task changer and install it, then you have loads of official options. There's a few more things you can customise if you want as well.

First Poster

When all of us choose the Samsung S9 , you Samsung tell us that this phone have some features..for cameras, for video , for message, etc. So, we look, think about it , make a choice and pay for this. For Samsung S9 .

It is not either professional or ethic to change our soft that just because you can and have power to our soft.
When I upgrade to Pie I lost the features for what I pay when I buy Samsung S9 and not another Samsung  or another phone.
So, for my view you , Samsung, are good to pay because of this. Give us money back because this is cheating. WE don't have the phone that we choose & pay because you make changes without our consent.If you want make changes, to improve ..you put more , somenthing new but not change what  WE buy .

Top Liked Authors