Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Explorer
I'm not sure what you mean by butt dialing...
I had this issue : automatic call after using text messages...
I have found a button in the setting that hopefully is the solution for this... Go to “settings - advanced functions - movements” and there on the bottom you have a button “swipe for call/message...” I have switched this off. I guess I accidentally swiped over the screen when closing my cover ? Its worth the try... I also switched off the first button on that page “lift to activate” Also I switched off the button “settings - advanced functions - making animations smaller”
My phone did not make this automatic dialing since, so some of my solutions work :-)
Explorer

Let's take a stand maybe a petition to Samsung will get them listening

http://chng.it/vTPPPh9QYy

Apprentice

I just received this update last night (gotta love Australian providers that take ages to push out updates)

What an absolute mess this one is. I thought updating to Pie would finally fix the wifi issues that have been around since Nougat on my S9. I'm heavily invested in everything technology based and I'm looking at some sort of screen for most of the day.

But, now we have UI/UX problems more than anything.

• Swipe up/down to close programs in the recent list? Why would you change that from right/left to close? This is my biggest problem.
  • Horrible looking icons across the whole system... It looks like a cheap kids toy phone now.
  • Moving the clock to the left? I know this is for phones with a horrible notch, but surely, you can detect the phone in use and adjust. Now I'll have to stuff around with SystemUI Tuner to move it again.
  • The camera, ugh, we now have to swipe to go over to recording instead of having a dedicated record button next to the shutter button.
  • Bixby can also suck a fat one. Thankfully bxActions still work in remapping the Bixby button to something that's actually useful.

The only  thing I like about this update is being able to see the charging status/estimated time on the Always on Display.

I've owned my S9 for ~9 months now, and it normally sees pretty heavy and consistent usage throughout the day... The very next day after the update, I haven't used my phone at all. That's how much I dislike this interface and UX now, it has literally become a paperweight with no desire to use it.

Now I'm going to go stuff around with Odin to revert back to Oreo and look at options to completely disable your update notifications.

Good job Samsung with your "One UI", you've proven to me that you're so out of touch by not listening to your userbase whilst chasing poor design choices made by Apple with their iPhone.

I've pushed things out of my backside that were better than this update.

Apprentice

How feasible is it to revert to the previous OS?

Apprentice

Based on all the calls I have had to Samsung and verizon I am told it is not possible. 

Apprentice

I couldn't agree more!!!!! As per Samsung customer service they believe they are workinng on fixes but they have no information. I have no confidence whatsoever. 

Explorer

@troddy wrote:

I couldn't agree more!!!!! As per Samsung customer service they believe they are workinng on fixes but they have no information. I have no confidence whatsoever. 

When they say they're working on fixes, will that include the icons and the other bits they've messed with the look and feel of that we simply don't like, or will they just focus on bug fixing?

Apprentice

I believe they will not fix all the things we all are complaining about....based on my interactions...my perception is they do not care. Hopefully I am wrong. 

First Poster
Explorer

@Charlie_B wrote:

http://chng.it/RRL2ktwQJm

Is this the petition to get Samsung to respond? If it is I have already signed

🙂👍

Top Liked Authors