Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Apprentice
Omg I'm going crazy with this white text on white background! What can I do to friggin change this?! I can't even see who sent me messages. Why are they screwing around with what we've spent hours/days/months customizing our phones to our likings?! I don't want you to customize my settings for me Samsung! That's what I do when I buy my phone! So pissed I want to throw this phone! At least let has have the option of changing it back.
Explorer
@Mesai12 - white letters on white background
This is a theme thing... if you remember the name of your theme, you can look if they allready have an update to make their theme compatible with the Samsung update. I was lucky and found an update for my theme and the issue has been solved. Otherwise you will need to choose another theme/wallpaper. Good luck !

I bought an S9 as I strongly preferred Android UI to Apple IOs, and now I seem to have a cheap version of an iPhone, just very expensive! I haven't even used much my phone since the update but here are some of the things that are making me very angry:

- app switcher is now a copy of iPhone. Hope you get sued for that. At least copy things that are better, not worse! The iPhone style horizontal switcher only allows you to see one screen at the time, making it super slow to find the one you need, and sweeping up/down to close is counter intuitive, as in most apps you use side swipe. 

- pop-up badge notifications by default. I have set them OFF for all apps and still get those annoying floating bubbles. This must be great for social media addicts but it's a terrible idea in the long run and definitely not a human-centric design, at least fix it so OFF really means OFF

- Chrome doesn't show Google search of a highlighted word anymore, this used to be one of the most useful features which you don't get on an i phone.

First Poster

Completely agree!! Me and my friend have samsung s9's, and she has updated hers but I haven't. It looks awful! I'm scared to update my phone, I don't want that ***** on my screen. Is there a way to contact Samsung and say: "Hey, your update is awful?" Its so ugly.

Apprentice

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I never updated my last phone because it was an apple phone. Now since this update... it's like I have an iPhone all over again. None of my themes are updated.  I dont need bifocals man... nothing needs to be THIS FREAKIN LARGE FOR ME TO SEE IT. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Apprentice

I did just that but i'm still seeing the white writing with the white background on my home screed. any idea on how to fix that?

Thanks

Apprentice

This update is the most blatant example of planned obsolescence I have ever seen. I will never buy a Samsung/Android product again.

Apprentice

I have everyone getting annoyed with me lately because since the update all my phone has done is butt dial everybody. I still have on the accidental touch protection ( I have double and triple checked) for that yet it keeps doing it anyway.

I also don't appreciate, and of course this is just a style preference, the changes made to the app buttons for Samsung. Like why did we go backwards they actually looked pretty slick before and now they kind of look I don't know cheap or downgraded?

Out of all the other minor annoyances I have encountered, the butt dialing thing though.... I would say not a minor annoyance, it's actually very problematic

Apprentice

Agree 💯 😡

Hi i agree with above especially when u open messages half the screen is now a grey tab only half allocated to viewing messages at first glance how to roll back hatd it

Top Liked Authors