Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

First Poster

I just did the update last night. The first thing I'm noticing is the notification bubbles for wifi, sound, location, etc are terrible. I'm nearsighted and could tell at a glance if something was off or on. Now it's a light blue background with a light green on indicator. There is no contrast there. It's as bad as Ecobees light yellow background with white numbers.

Does anyone know if this is a theme thing, or is there a way to change these?

Thanks in advance.

Explorer
I guess it's the theme. If you remember the name of your theme you can look for updates. I had the same issue and was lucky to find an update that fixed this issue. Otherwise you will need to choose another theme/wallpaper...
Apprentice

DOWNLOAD ODIN 3.13.1 from this link :

https://odindownloader.com/category/download

Then Download your phones Firmware from this link :

https://updato.com/

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TEE FROM THE site. And it should work for you as it did for me, I also watched a YouTube video where a guy flashed his s6 from Samsung Pie back to it's original form and followed his process with my S9. It really helped now I love my phone again because I couldn't stand that PIE forceful garbage update. It looked just like a wanna be google phone iPhone. I couldn't deal with it or I would've broke and changed phones and companies. Hope this information helps!

Apprentice
did anyone reply.
Apprentice
Mine has done the same its disappeared since i have done the new update and the icons are like childs buttons
Observer

I am not really tech savvy so my question to you might sound stupid. But when I make a phone call the background lighting flashes fast. Does yours do that? I have epilepsy and it is bothering me and I cant figure out how to turn it off. 

Apprentice

I'm not sure about that. But you might want to try the Samsung store so they can adjust it for you.

Observer

I hate this new update!  It looks like a phone for toddlers.  Nothing is user-friendly anymore.  I even lost some apps out of nowhere.  If Samsung doesn't fix this I am running to the nearest Apple Store!

First Poster
I hate it! How do I go back to the old way?

Thank you!

Disbling videos worked.

Top Liked Authors