Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 03:29 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Zaylow
Explorer
Options

You could try to roll back to Oreo as some of us have. There's a how to video on youtube. Took me about 30 minutes. Also, do it from a windows computer, not Mac. 

defeedme
Navigator
Options

I friggin LOVE my rolled back OREO!!Screenshot_20190609-132424_Nova Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20190609-132402_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190609-132456_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20190609-132752_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190609-132510_Camera.jpg

Zarilya
Journeyman
Options
The camera is so bad!!
Short
First Poster
Options

If I wanted the same look and feel as an iphone, I would have an iphone. I want my virtual BACK button reurned to the os instead of theses lines at the bottom of my screen. Before they did not take up my screen space. Instead the functions including my back button was beautifully not there until I needed it. Now they are always on and I hate it. The rest of my family have iphones and seriously considering switching due to the changes.

0 Likes
DiamondAngel
First Poster
Options

You can change that anytime. You can have it so that the 3 buttons remain on screen permanently or just when you want them, you can change the order, and you can change your icons in the Google theme store to whatever you want. He you like the old style look, you can do that. In fact you can use the previous style theme for Samsung and it will look how it used to, or you you can make it even more amazing than that and get an awesome colourful/entertaining/animated/fancy bling style theme just how you like it. Best thing about Samsung is the personalisation side of things to really make it yours. Out of the bad tweaks they have made that people disliked, this is one that can be resolved :smiling-face: I hope this helps

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

You can't completely hide the buttons, they're still visible along the bottom which is a bit horrible. 

Slick91
Navigator
Options
Your talking utter *****e mate, the point your missing is it's all ***** the whole lot. We shouldn't need to go and look for icons or install goodlock to put the clock back and have the nav bar look like it did before Samsung ***** with it all...
Slick91
Navigator
Options
Mate Samsung can go ***** itself after this.
DiamondAngel
First Poster
Options

Why waste your time tearing down other users. Don't like the post, then stop reading, simple!!

0 Likes
Slick91
Navigator
Options
Ppl need to chillax, simple. Bloody hell if a few words upset you then you need to get a grip... I'm not hear to slag ppl off I just didn't agree.. for the record I loved my note 8 up until Samsung treat us like *****. The fact is they have no right to do massive changes add to the fact the bloody thing doesn't work. I've had to waste valuable time rolling back my phone to oreo yes it can be done instead of stupid work arounds, when I shouldn't of had too. I moved from Apple for this reason after being a loyal customer and unlike some I can't afford to go out splashing cash on another phone. A phone I didn't need but come August I'll be leaving to try something new.