Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Just Browsing

I had trouble finding it after the update too, but it is still there. When looking at the apps you have open after hitting III, you need to select the app icon at the top, it gives you the option there.Split Screen.png

Just Browsing

Yes, this has been happening to me a lot since the update as well!

Explorer

@april120 wrote:

I had trouble finding it after the update too, but it is still there. When looking at the apps you have open after hitting III, you need to select the app icon at the top, it gives you the option there.Split Screen.png

That's new - it's only been there since today. I was just coming on to say Samsung might not be replying to his but it looks like they're working behind the scenes. Let's hope it keeps improving.

First Poster

I can deal w most things on the update except the camera.  I take a lot of photos & now have to "swipe"to get to video? ?  I've already taken a picture when I thought I was taking video :(& visa versa.  Give me the red record button back please! !!!! ! Does anyone know how to get the red record button back??? or a camera I can download that works like the old one?Thanks!

Explorer

@anneedgewitch wrote:

@jkljkljkl wrote:

Says can't use nightmode while using a theme. 

Night mode is the only good part of the update but even so it's buggy. Some of my app notifications are still white. Looks sketchy as hell.

(And I can't screenshot it because the edge menu doesn't float over the notifications drop-down 🤦‍♀️)

I managed to screenshot it. Looks like Pinterest and YouTube are affected so far. Looks terrible. 🤦‍♀️Screenshot_20190226-151652_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Observer

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned, but the new update made Messages and Google Keyboard somewhat incompatible. If I'm texting someone and leave their messages up, and then have my screen go black, and turn the screen back on to start texting them again, my Google Keyboard won't pop up. I have to leave their messages completely and go back to them to start texting them again. It's super inconvenient.

Navigator

Updated wife's S8 today to Android Pie and we just hate this new UI. OMG! Could it be any worse?! It is looking so nonprofessional, childish and incomplete. Every menu was before at the top of style, sharp and convenient! Why should Samsung restyle everything?! Phone app for example: to hide and show dialling keyboard you needed just to hit "keyboard" icon. Now it is separated to different "tab" marked by ugly text with underline. And these icons.. argh..! Worse UI from Samsung ever! One UI is no convenient and not looking nice at all. UI, which we had on Oreo (experience 9.0, or what it was?), was very cool and better in many ways. Why should someone broke something working fine anyway?

Any chance to revert back to previous UI without losing data, warranty and not tripping Knox? Or should we wait for Samsung to update this ugly One UI and make it better?

Apprentice
Iv had that from day 1. I phoned samsung last week and they assure me they are working on a fix, apparently its out in germany and we are getting it soon.
So if you know any germans ask them how its going to give us the heads up
Explorer

It seems every day I find a new irritation with this *****ty update. Today it is scrolling - when I browse Pinterest the scroll function has vastly reduced sensitivity. I can literally rub my thumb over the screen and nothing happens. It scrolls perhaps one in three attempts. I browse Pinterest frequently to relax in the evenings and this is making it frustrating and awkward. 

Honestly dread picking up my phone now as it's a fresh disappointment each time.

Explorer
anneedgewitch - I've had a similar problem. I used to just gentle touch the screen, and my weather app would flick between todays weather, and the weeks weather, but after the update I have to stab at it repeatedly to get it to change, and sometimes I can't get it to change at all.
I thought the app was at fault, but it sounds as if the screen sensitivity has been altered by this awful update as well!
Top Liked Authors