Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 03:29 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Amy004
First Poster
Options

I agree, I'm not liking the new update. I got a certain notification sound from my daughter's dexcom app. with the previous version. Now it is just a normal notification sound, so I can't tell what is what...

Also, I do not like how there is a big section that says "Messages" in the message app. I obviously know where I'm at in my phone and it already tells me how many unread texts I have and for what person.

CatCrazy5
Apprentice
Options

I just updated today and the first thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a way to show only certain contacts. I had a lot of my contacts filtered out, but now they are all listed there and I don't like that. (After reading the comments here, I'm sure I'll discover many other things I also don't like, unfortunately!) 

MohawkWarrior
First Poster
Options

I 100% agree. Mine didn't update until yesterday, but I already hate the new update. It is almost like they are trying to make it more like an iPhone, and there are reasons I don't want an iPhone. One of the numerous reasons happens to be a *****ty interface. 

In addition, some of my apps no longer function. They try to activate with their standard layout, but the phone glitches as it tries to force the new layout oo top of it.

Samsung, stop being stupid and put my phone back the way it was. That's why I bought it. Honestly, I will probably buy a Huawei phone next time if Samsung keeps up this kind of *****.

Idk
First Poster
Options
Could you tell me how you did that this update is very annoying and seems very childish.
Jawadtee
First Poster
Options
What has Samsung done
J3110
Student
Options

Yup, got a Samsung because I liked the last theme. Now I wish I didn't convert to Samsung from apple 

J3110
Student
Options

Samsung change it!!!!! Everyone hates it. 

P-GALAXY
Explorer
Options

I'm glad I'm not the only person that doesn't like the way that the messages now have half the screen taken up with MESSAGES when you go into it!

delicatedreamer
Apprentice
Options

I tried going into my wifi settings and hovered over the network I wanted to forget but couldn't read the options to find the forget network option as the background and wording were both white. Can I change this? I tried reapplying my theme but no change.

Marleenvds
Explorer
Options
Try to find out the name of your theme/wallpaper. If you are lucky there is allready an update to fix this. Otherwise you will need to choose another theme... (I had the same issue “white letters on white background”, but I was lucky and found an update on my theme that fixed this issue)
0 Likes