Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

Exactly!! 

Probably shouting to the wind, yes.

I was forced to pick this phone. Coming from an iPhone 5s, I was lost but yet loved the new adventure. NOW THOUGH..... I will never update again. Even when I am forced from now on I will continue to refuse. The 5s still worked just fine and dandy because I never updated it. However,  the storage was lacking, and the ability to use new apps was lacking. 

I seriously doubt they even know we loathe this update with every nerve we had left living and dealing with this world as it is. 

I have only had this phone going on 5 months and I was so happy to leave the apple world behind even though I didnt want to. Now everything that made me love the Samsung galaxy s9 + more so than my iPhone  World is GONE.

It IS a phone, after all. Maybe we should all raise hell until these shenanigans end. We don't "need" them to survive unless we allow them to tell them we do.

First Poster
C'est horrible nous nous retrouvons avec un téléphone pour enfant! Honte à Samsung!!!!
Apprentice

Phoned samsung on Saturday, to complain only to get hing up on by 2 different call handelers. Then on the 3rd attempt i was toled there is no way to go back to oreo without voiding warrenty. Also went in to a samsung repair shop...got the same answer. I was told that o2 and ee phones are getting an updait in the uk but nothing yet for unlocked phones.

Also, i said about the battery life and the advisor says his was better, do u want me to have a look at your phone...naw i want my phone back to the way it was

Explorer

@Dame wrote:

I just wld like to say.. waking up to a totally different phone is jarring. 

I really dislike this update. Maybe I cld deal if my emojis didn't look like they were from the 1st android device ever made.

For some reason on this site they look fine. On social media they look ridiculous. 

I wld like my old phone (aka software back)

I've noticed that too. I have a Twitter business account and I've had to stop using emojis in my tweets because they look ridiculous. It's a small thing, all things about this terrible update considered, but it's enough to make me consider a different brand phone for my business. 

Just Browsing

Yes it's awful  

Just Browsing

If you don't mind me asking. How did you disable Bixby?  I've been trying to figure that out. It's awful!! Why does Samsung force us to keep rubbish bloatwear..... 

Apprentice

I hate this update, I wish I could roll it back. You can no longer have personalized text tones, you would have to leave every text conversation on your phone in order for it to assign a tone. Stupid, waste of space. Secondly, the navigation keys at the bottom of the screen disappear with anything that has a white background, same goes for your notifications at the top of your phone where you have the pull down menu. This is the worst update ever, the themes don't even apply properly to the phone anymore you have these big open white spaces for no reason. Everything that I liked about my note 9 no longer exists, I in fact hate the phone now. I keep looking for an update from Samsung that will hopefully correct the phone and put back some of it's best features.

Apprentice

@Stevob69420 wrote:

Then on the 3rd attempt i was toled there is no way to go back to oreo without voiding warrenty. Also went in to a samsung repair shop...got the same answer.

This, is a lie. You can revert back to a previous version without voiding the warranty. I did so with Odin a couple of days ago and my Warranty Void status is still 0 (0x0000)

@NRJ wrote:

If you don't mind me asking. How did you disable Bixby?  I've been trying to figure that out. It's awful!! Why does Samsung force us to keep rubbish bloatwear..... 

I use an app called bxActions to disable Bixby and remap it to a different function. Currently, if I hold the key, even from sleep, it'll turn the flash on as a torch, a quick tap will mark my notifications as read and clear them etc

@DS33 wrote:

I hate this update, I wish I could roll it back.

You can rollback with the use of Odin. Then you're able to run a package disabler to outright disable the updater and its notifications so you never see them unless you re-enable them manually. Much like Windows 10, I've forcefully disabled updates and only update on my terms and time and not theirs - they're our devices.

I doubt I'll be able to post links because Samsung is in a damage control state. It took me longer to download the 4GB firmware image (15mins) than it did to actually flash the Oero ROM at only 5mins. Updato  has downloads available for older firmware.

Apprentice

I'm going to check it out.

Thanks.

First Poster

My S9 update yesterday was a complete disaster from auto reject of all calls, visit to UbreakIfix store, GPS not working, Wifi not working anymore and worst of all, the refresh deleted all of my latest contacts, all calendar data, Voicemails that I saved, and Chrome bookmarks with all account info.

Needless to say, I will never update another Samsung phone. Samsung tech support wants me to ship the phone to them for 9 days turnaround without any loaner (yeah it’s in Warranty too.) I made the mistake of buying it outright directly from Samsung (another big mistake.)

Backing up what I have and factory resetting this junk.  If that doesn't work then it's the dreadful iPhone time unfortunately - but better than losing everything with the horrible support. 

Top Liked Authors