Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Apprentice
I can't believe this company is so stupid as to take a phone that could possibly be far superior to the iPhone and absolutely ruin it. Whoever is in charge needs to be fired. But obviously you aren't going to fix it and I'm sure it will show when people aren't buying your newest products. Wake up Samsung
Apprentice

This is the number for Samsung UK just in case anyone wants it......

I just found out by posting that number that copy and paste on my phone doesn't work either since the update.........

Explorer

Want to fix it.... Read on..

Seriously stop wasting time and voicing here. It's obvious Samsung doesn't care. Have they responded here. NO. Have anyone made headway on a call.  No 

So stop wasting your time here posting and get anyone and everyone to go to http://chng.it/vTPPPh9QYy

This will be the only place you be listen to.  This will notify both Samsung and google. 

Explorer

@Felix76 wrote:

Want to fix it.... Read on..

Seriously stop wasting time and voicing here. It's obvious Samsung doesn't care. Have they responded here. NO. Have anyone made headway on a call.  No 

So stop wasting your time here posting and get anyone and everyone to go to http://chng.it/vTPPPh9QYy

This will be the only place you be listen to.  This will notify both Samsung and google. 

You need to make it clear what that is. Most people won't click on a link if they don't know where it's going.

Maybe start a new thread and call it "petition to get a response on One UI update from Samsung". And add a paragraph explaining what you want people to do.

Explorer

@anneedgewitch wrote:

Maybe start a new thread and call it "petition to get a response on One UI update from Samsung". And add a paragraph explaining what you want people to do.

Thanks

Did just that  - here

Highlighted
Just Browsing

The new update Pie, is awful. The camera settings are terrible now. Its degenerated the camera quality with its unnecessary new features which slow it down for no benefit. My S5 camera even feels better now in comparison. I dont understand why theyve released an update that only makes the software worse, had no issues before.

Also, the way it looks now is so ugly compared to before. Ive had this phone for 6 months and have had no issues until now. Everything was a lot sleaker and smoother. It was amazing before, now its not worth the money. 

I wish i could restore to the previous version. 

First Poster

I just wld like to say.. waking up to a totally different phone is jarring. 

I really dislike this update. Maybe I cld deal if my emojis didn't look like they were from the 1st android device ever made.

For some reason on this site they look fine. On social media they look ridiculous. 

I wld like my old phone (aka software back)

Worst update ever!!!

Who needs a huge banner inside apps like messenger that says "messenger" in huge letters and takes up half the screen?

Stupid!!!!

I finally figured out why my phone would randomly unlock and butt dial people.  This never happened before the update.  Stupid navigation bar has a setting that turns on the phone and unlocks it if you press near the home button portion of the screen.  Even though i have security settings that require a pin and/or finger print it bypassed it. Turned that ***** off.

First Poster

This update is trash! The update itself didn't download properly, and my phone wouldn't reboot. So, I had to FACTORY RESET my phone. Then after all that, the update is so dumb. Why is android trying to he apple?! Stop trying to dumb down everything, and "simply" the look of everything. Pissed.

Apprentice

@P-GALAXY wrote:

Have Samsung responded to any of the comments/complaints on the Members App yet, or are we just shouting into the wind?

I can't see many people getting a new Samsung after this fiasco though, when they actually bring in an update that makes their flagship phone actively worse. What would be the point of getting a S10, or later on a S11, if a few months down the road, they do this again!

It really feels as if we have been screwed over, and just forgotten about.

Exactly!! 

Probably shouting to the wind, yes.

I was forced to pick this phone. Coming from an iPhone 5s, I was lost but yet loved the new adventure. NOW THOUGH..... I will never update again. Even when I am forced from now on I will continue to refuse. The 5s still worked just fine and dandy because I never updated it. However,  the storage was lacking, and the ability to use new apps was lacking. 

I seriously doubt they even know we loathe this update with every nerve we had left living and dealing with this world as it is. 

I have only had this phone going on 5 months and I was so happy to leave the apple world behind even though I didnt want to. Now everything that made me love the Samsung galaxy s9 + more so than my iPhone  World is GONE.

It IS a phone, after all. Maybe we should all raise hell until these shenanigans end. We don't "need" them to survive unless we allow them to tell them we do.

Top Liked Authors