Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Just Browsing
I have migraines and I hate flashing things and high contrast stripes for the same reason. I feel your pain.
Just Browsing
But you can't use any other themes. And night mode is a childish looking, ugly interface. :-( I got a better dark theme with Oreo by choosing themes from the Galaxy Theme store.
Just Browsing
I meant, you can't use any other theme WITH night mode.
AndrewL Moderator
@EmpathyBadger: Just a quick reminder that reverting back to the previous Android version using an unauthorised avenue will invalidate your warranty and make the device incompatible with any future, official updates. I understand your frustration however it's early days and I'm sure that Pie will grow on you in time (maybe after the odd update at least).
Highlighted
Explorer

Have Samsung responded to any of the comments/complaints on the Members App yet, or are we just shouting into the wind?

I can't see many people getting a new Samsung after this fiasco though, when they actually bring in an update that makes their flagship phone actively worse. What would be the point of getting a S10, or later on a S11, if a few months down the road, they do this again!

It really feels as if we have been screwed over, and just forgotten about.

Apprentice

I am with telus in Canada and I got an update notification just now. I have postponed it as I'm not sure what it is for. Has anyone else gotten it and updated?

Just Browsing

What really bothers me is that my camera got worse since the update. It used to take very nice pictures in dark enviroments but now is ridiculous.

Apprentice

@AndrewL wrote:
@EmpathyBadger: Just a quick reminder that reverting back to the previous Android version using an unauthorised avenue will invalidate your warranty and make the device incompatible with any future, official updates. I understand your frustration however it's early days and I'm sure that Pie will grow on you in time (maybe after the odd update at least).

It'll grow on us? Yea, nah... We've all been using phones long enough to know what we like and don't like.

I'll take an "invalid warranty" over Pie and the One UI updates anyday. That is how much I dislike this rubbish update. I've gone from using my phone almost all day, everyday to barely using it at all now - it's now sitting on my desk doing nothing until I can be bothered to use Odin and revert. It's things like this that will keep me from continuing with Samsung phones. 

Explorer

@AndrewL wrote:

It really won't grow on us. That's what we're all very emphatically saying and nobody at Samsung is hearing. 

Apprentice

My S9 is blurry and page refresh lags since updating. The contacts are horrible and the aesthetics appalling. I loved my phone until this update now it just irritates me.

Top Liked Authors