Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Navigator

@Zoomladyr wrote:

The developer needs to be fired. This has been the worst update/design ever. I keep finding "new" things that are horrible with this update. Makes me rethink samsung completely. Im so unhappy with my phone now and feel stuck with it. Im so mad!! Give me back the old layout!!! This new update can shove it

You got that right - wrote exactly what I had in mind. Before wife's phone got update I was thinking to change my S7 Edge to S10. Now I'm waiting for solution from Samsung and the fact that I will buy the S10, will completely depend on how Samsung will fix situation with One UI and these issues which we (Samsung costumer) are fighting with thanks to ugly and inconvenient UI..

I hate it too!! The audio is messed up!! The touch is messed up! I hate it! 

Explorer

@AmeyNessa27 wrote:

I hate it too!! The audio is messed up!! The touch is messed up! I hate it! 

I've noticed that too. Volume on calls and for controlling Bluetooth speakers is far quieter than it was.

First Poster

Report a bug I've experienced. S9 Plus US unlocked, notification icons will not disapear after opening them, you need to drop down the notification menu again then they disapear

Apprentice

So here's my feelings on this. Since we are not getting any response from Samsung on this issue I have decided to do the following. 

I've downloaded a new icon that sort of taken the stupid look away, I have adjusted my fonts to look better and I have or will modify my apps As I go along. More importantly and,  I have started to look for other options for the 48 Samsung phones I'm responsible for at our company. If they still don't reply then they don't care if all of us tell them to KISS THE S10 GOOD BY.

First Poster

My touch is so messed up I can't post anything it's typing on its own. Nothing seems to be working right now.

Wow I was totally thinking the same thing as you about the childish icons look. I wish there was a way to reverse the update or have the icons look the way they did before the update. I agree this update was a total downgrade and I cannot stand the preschool look
Apprentice
Yes it's driving me crazy. I can't even get rid of it by changing theme! Still like that!
Explorer

What's happened to the selfie camera? I look like a potato!!

Just Browsing

Please tell us how to find links and how to use ODIN and Updato to revert our Galaxy S9's to Oreo from Pie. I also feel that the phone I bought and chose has been replaced with an entirely different experience. So frustrated. 

Top Liked Authors