Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 09:47 PM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Marleenvds
Explorer
Options

I had the same issue - automatic call after using text messages

I have found a button in the setting that hopefully is the solution for this... Go to “settings - advanced functions - movements” and there on the bottom you have a button “swipe for call/message...” I have switched this off. I guess I accidentally swiped over the screen when closing my cover ? Its worth the try...

I also switched off the first button on that page “lift to activate”

Also I switched off the button “settings - advanced functions - making animations smaller”

Marleenvds
Explorer
Options

Try to find out the name of your theme. If you are lucky they allready made an update for this Samsung update and this "white letters on white screen issue" will be gone after you update your theme. (I had the same issue, but I was lucky I found an update)

Otherwise you will need to change and choose another theme...

creamandsugar
Apprentice
Options

how do i write to samsung. This is ridiculous!

JirT22
Apprentice
Options
I agree - icons look like a child's phone, and the resolution of the screen and items seems blurry on the edges. This is a terrible upgrade, or should I say downgrade to a pre-school version from a sophisticated classy phone.
Maritas
First Poster
Options

Thank you!

Like everyone else, I updated my phone and everything is a freaking mess.

I acidently called someone trying to get rid of the white bar on the message.

I am beyond jacked there is no way to get rid of all this extra ***** they just threw at us.

diceweiss
First Poster
Options

I am so upset about this stupid UI update. I had my phone set exactly how I wanted it. Now I had to deal with Bixby and you can't full disable it anymore.I also have to involuntarily change all my settings and try to restore them to how I wanted them- as of right now I can't fully restore it and its driving me insane. 

When looking at my text messages, I DON'T NEED IT TO SAY IN BIG LETTERS "MESSAGES NO UNREAD MESSAGES" just put it back to how it was.

Why is the clock on the other side now? What was wrong with its original placement?

Why is Bixby back? Its like that crazy ex you thought was out of your life but came back - Disable that garbage and let me reprogram the button, not force me to deal with it when it pops up unwanted.

Why is the camera layout changed? WTF is BIXBY VISION? WHY IS THE AR EMOJI BACK? I removed ar emoji intentionally The whole layout was perfectly fine before.

Why are all of the icons and fonts larger? I had them small for a reason.

How come my theming changes every time I have an update? This update has been the worst offender. I set the aesthetics of this phone to my liking. This is one reason why I LOVED this phone so much

I don't want this phone to be like the Pixel with its curvy ***** windows for settings options, big stupid icons. I bought this phone because of what it did differently.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version? I HATE THIS UPDATE. Everything was fine before and now I'm having difficulty using the ***** phone.

This update has nothing to do with improving the UI to be more intuitive. Nothing about this has improved my experience. I am left frustrated and upset.

If they don't fix this, I'm switching to one of their competitors and never looking back. 

Iresfrank
Explorer
Options

Exactly my point! 1/2 the entire message is wasted by the unnecessarily large title! Also if I use apps connected to gallery photos , the foto roll/slider is so far down its 1/2 off the screen and out of view! 

Iresfrank
Explorer
Options
So what options do we have? I don't use the Bixby bloatware, can't see photos on apps that connect to gallery, and have settings I can't use.... What can we do? What options do we have to remedy this travesty?
KingHoodie
Journeyman
Options

I also hated this new Update it forced me to spend 2 days learning how to reflash it back to Android 8 which came with my phone!!

For me it worked after hours of working on it. And still I live in a worried state the phone will auto update and revert to the Anroid 9 pie BS!

The NEW ANDROID PIE UPDATE IS EXTREMELY TERRIBLE!! PLEASE EITHER RELEASE AN ANDROID 8 REBOOT OR atleast allow users to keep/ revert their OS to the version of their choosing. It will make for extremely content customers SAMSUNG!!!!!!

KingHoodie
Journeyman
Options
I feel EVERY WORD of what you said.

I hate everything about Samsung Android PIE.

I used ODIN and Updato to download the operating system I had before and reprogram it BACK to my liking because it was either that or leave samsung all together! their TRYING wayy to hard to look and feel like Google or Iphone and Thats GARBAGE.

Long story short after a day of researching and trial and error I got my version back But the whole process what BS