Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

The button designs and looks are one thing... especially the "Contacts" color change, an app most people use everyday! But did you notice ALL the apps now have exactly the same size and shape?  I could live with that I guess, however  TAKING AWAY the use of the selectable (and customizable) "NOTIFICATION SOUND" feature, something I used EVERY SINGLE DAY, yet ADDING a selectable "Vibration pattern" to a contact!?  Huh?  Who uses a vibration patter for different contacts? 
How many "brainstorming" meetings did it take them at Samsung to decide to go this route?  I've had a few Samsung phones, but I think you're right in that this was their worst update... so far.

Apprentice

Sorry Claire, but I don't think it's easily possible to do that. My provider said they couldn't, and the only thing I've seen so far on here is taking your phone back to Samsung (in England? Ireland?) and having it "reflashed" back to it's previous OS. I work for an airline, and I wouldn't hop on a flight to get it back. Too much of a hassle. 

It just sux that people at Samsung thought that THIS change was a good one to push out.  MANY things aren't the same at all now, have been changed, are missing, or ***** added. It's a mess.

First Poster

OMG!!!!! This has got to be the worst update ever... I was so happy with my phone, the UI and all its many features. Honestly I loved my Samsung Note 9.

Now it just sucks...

WTF have you at Google and Samsung done!?! it's totally Mickey Moused everything up and now this evening I'm watching a video streamed through Google and 20 minutes into the video I have received my first ever 'Overheating' warning

Microsoft did this same *****ty thing back when they released Windows 8 after XP.... XP was amazing and then they went for animations and ***** moving everything from its place into a massive void of horribleness with overkill process killing core crushing animations.

If I wanted a stupid phone for stupid people who are only interested in animations and aethetics then I would have bought a massively over priced brick like iPhone.

The worst part of it is that I'm sat here on Valentines Night typing my hatred for you Samsung and Google instead of confessing my love for the person and things that matter.

Get a life Samsung and Google and release us an update to revert this horrible horrible horrible thing that you have done to us! 

Apprentice

It is ugly OS. Battery life is about 1/2 of Oreo. There is a completely different camera that is slower to take a pictures. I already regret getting s9 plus ugly ugly phone. It needs bezels and non glass back. 

Apprentice

Yes its android but its samsungs ui. Its all ***** and needs updating asap imo, and a lot of others do too.

The way the navigation buttons were before was spot on, absolutely disgusting now. The camers is useless for taking quick pics, then it turns out a blur when the thing moves. Previous app list is is a nightmare, especially when your in an app and wants to go to the last app i was on...

Dont get me wrong their is some of it i like, but most i dont.

First Poster
the worst of the updates imho is the camera.. you could start the camera app and take pictures or record a video.. and now you have to switch between the photo and video mode.. that's so annoyong. :( trying to downgrade or install another camera app
Just Browsing

Agreed, the UI changes are for the most part awful and unnecessary.

The camera, the clock, the current apps list and everything else that has been mentioned a number of times in this thread. Accepting its an android OS, most of these problems appear a result of Samsung's custom UI update but because this is anything but vanilla android.

Also, its a side issue but I'm not using Samsung members due to it enforcing permissions that I don't think it can justify.

Bring on another update (that's actually been tested with a wider demographic than 12 year olds) 

Apprentice
You hit the nail on the head! Bravo!
Apprentice

Update: I no longer see the rotate button. This is so frustrating! I regret doing the upgrade 

Observer

It's actually One UI, which if I'm not mistaken is a Samsung skin over Pie. A lot of the issues are from their implementation of Pie and their stock apps.   pro mode on video for example is now gone. 

Top Liked Authors