Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Explorer
I've started my point. Blame Google, demand changes from Google. Unless Samsung develop their own OS, they can't change things. Hence my suggestion to visit Google forums. Tell Google you aren't buying an Android phone again..... πŸ€”
I felt that was clear.
Explorer

@Jenova

Arrogant. You are not really here to help just state your only point of view and opinion.  Yes Samsung have to accept all that! Is their phone they are using.  lπŸ€”. πŸ™„

Explorer

@Jenova

.πŸ™„ have a good day

Apprentice

No! Smasung obviously have imput how their Bixby button is going to be designed, such as, telling them not to add a trun off option. As if samsung will not have any input, therefore it's a samsung issue. By the way your arrogance stinks.

Apprentice
I don't completely agree. Whilst Google develop the base Android OS, it is up to the phone manufacturer to customise that base OS to fit their phone.
e.g a Huawei running android 8, doesn't look or act the same as a Samsung running the same base OS. Yes they are similar but not the same hardware or application/widget software.

There is also nothing that says: Samsung must force the update of all their newer models to Android 9. The current Android 9 update for Samsung looks like it would be the absolute basic version of Android 9.

It seems to me that Samsung have made very little effort customising the OS to fit their phones. I don't know why this is, but if the new Samsung S10 releases with a nice crisp looking Android 9 (that us S9/S9+ users don't get) then I would see it as a very under-hand tactic to make their new flagship look like more of an improvement than it really is.

On the other hand, if the S10 releases with a very similar looking OS then I would question how Samsung thinks they will make any sales. 'cus it looks trash.
Explorer

@Ottoemmerich

Thank you! Your comment and explanation do help a lot. Facts are important and you put them here very clear.  Have a good day. 

The new update is awful I moved to Samsung for the note 9 but feel like going back to iPhone after a very disappointing software update multi window is no longer available many settings have been removed apps look like a child's drawings overall a disgrace to smartphones 

Explorer
Why on earth did they get of multi window? What a stupid thing to do, it's like they're actively trying to make the phone worse!
Explorer
I don't think you mean that.

Look... no one was attacking you, chill πŸ˜‚ I was suggesting that time might be well spent also visiting Google forums... no one is obligated to do that, I felt it might be helpful....
But cool... you do you πŸ™‚
Explorer

@ Jenova have a good day! Who say attacking? You sound like you design the stupid One UI. So please, go and do something get back to work or just stop being annoying.  Have a great life!

Top Liked Authors