Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Navigator

Half your screen isn't wasted, it's there so you can reach the top message with ease, simply scroll down a little and you can go back to breaking your thumb to reach the fisrt message.

This is a non issue and isn't the reason why anyone hates the new update.

Highlighted
Observer
An emoji is just a code that's interpreted by the receiving device which then uses whatever symbol it has stored for that code. What it looks like on your phone is not how it's seen on Twitter, that depends on the device it's being VIEWED on. You can continue to use emojis, they only look different TO YOU.
Explorer

Was notified of a new FW update yesterday for my S9,  and choose to do so purely because of a security fix, but sadly the option came with a clear message that upon uploading the new FW version it will not be possible to wind back, so now I'm officially stuck with the hideous 30th Jan 2019 FW changes.

I'm over Samsung screwing my phone,  so what are experts recommending as a good replacement, no bigger than S9 with same or better fetures and battery life. Prefer to avoid the inconvenience of switching to IOS (the time to learn a new operating system etc ) but will consider.

Observer

I plugged my newly updated phone into my PC to add some audio books and a beep went initially to show that I'd connected.  Then my phone went blank and nothing I could do would bring it back to life.  Then after about 15 seconds I got the screen lit again, but no connection.  Looked on my PC screen and no connection.  Now the thing won't connect at all.

Some things, I like.  Most are merely new.  It's slower than it was.  The icons are not clear for my 56 year old eyes, without dragging out my glasses each and every time, which I didn't need before this update.

Dreadful thing.  I've used Samsung on O2 for around 15 years or more now.  Perhaps I'll change when my contract comes up for renewal.  Either add an option to reverse the process back to 8, or else make it work properly, Soon!

Apprentice

So, yeah, if anybody knows a comparably fine make of phone to the S-series, I would be interested in a comparative review.  I just got a used S8 for my kid and, lo and behold, it has the old Oreo version.  I'm about ready to swap with her!  I am completely baffled why any serious designer would think that the Pie and SUI is worth a tinker's dam.  And, far more importantly, why we don't have a fix now is not only frustrating, it feels intentional.  it feels like Samsung executives have decided they know better than their customers, and it has me looking for other options.  And I've never had any other smart phones but Samsung.  

Explorer
Your comments echo most of our Samsung clients. This is proving to be a very foolish and costly mistake by Samsung, made worse by inability to promptly fix/ redress.
Explorer

Yes, your sentiments are the same as mine. I have patiently waited for 5 months for them to solve their issues on a 1 THOUSAND dollar phone. But every few days I get e-mail or notifications about the new Note 10. I'm thinking, my carrier makes me pay for my phone over 2 years to tie me to them. Now Samsun's Pie update ties me to them. So, who in their right mind would get a new 1 THOUSAND dollar phone with the same sorry software that I have not been happy with?

I hate to be so negative, but this waiting for over 5 months now after being teased by Samsung reps with a "HOpefully Mid May Solution", as they put it. Is so long overdue.......

Explorer
Ditto sentiments and same end question, which is best heavy uasage option compared to S9.
Explorer
Ditto, robbing features post sale and not returning them as advised is not on. What are people recommending for a non Samsung solution to an S9 (high use)
Explorer

@Enjay wrote:

That's my sort of problem with it, it's designed for one handed mode but we don't all want that. Like in oreo you can change stuff to make it easy for one handed but in one ui you just don't get a choice. 

This so much and a thousand million times more. They give us these gorgeous giant displays and then - forcibly remove the usefulness/usability of half of them, for everyone, no questions asked. Not to mention it's still extremely scattershot, with how many things still being on top of the screen anyway, so there goes that one-handed focus.

And not only that, but they also adopt this absolutely ridiculous sterile all-white theme of the plastic Pixels. It's atrocious.

Top Liked Authors