Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Navigator
Correct. That's sly Samsung for you.... they'd rather shaft you than admit they're wrong!
Navigator
Buy the new phone mate I'm with you... Samsung couldn't give a monkey's about you!!!!! Check your build number if it's 3 or above as in the post by Enjay ya screwed. I've successfully rolled mine back it's on oreo, but I keep getting Samsung forcing the update on me. Thankfully I've not accidently clicked update.... roll on next month... goodbye Samsung... shame as my first phone since dumping iPhone was a note 8 and I raved about it. Boom not now!!!!
Voyager

I managed to switch off the notification for it, now it's just there if I pull down from the top but I can handle that.

There's a couple of lines of code you can change to stop it altogether but I need to look into that and see if it's something I'll bother with 

Navigator
Once you find out let me.know. I've got it stuck permanently in the notifications menu, but I can open I phone and it's randomly the first screen you see. Just wish I had decrypted my sd card before rolling it back...
Apprentice

Thanks for your answer, I will give it a try.

But honestly, I was happier with my Note 3 than this latest versions.

Greetings.

Voyager

@Slick91 wrote:
Once you find out let me.know. I've got it stuck permanently in the notifications menu, but I can open I phone and it's randomly the first screen you see. Just wish I had decrypted my sd card before rolling it back...

Someone posted this a while ago 

Screenshot_20190626-181354_Samsung Internet.jpg

I just haven't got around to googling about it yet. 

Voyager

Settings, notifications, advanced then click the 3 dots top right and show system notifications

Screenshot_20190715-195756_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190715-195806_Settings.jpg

Navigator
Thank you very much mate, totally appreciated.
Observer

had my phone 3 months updated last week and i hate it  the new text app features  are horrible it  is unneeded even though i know software updates are needed this has been my second in three months  users should have the option to enable and disable features we dont want need or like  since the update i just dont like my phone any more which is sad as i was over the moon with it  and now  i dont like using the text messaging app  i shouldnt have to use a 3rd party app because half my screen is wasted   i hope there will be another update soon so thers an option to disable the textbox  at least

Highlighted
Voyager

@weelou81 wrote:

had my phone 3 months updated last week and i hate it  the new text app features  are horrible it  is unneeded even though i know software updates are needed this has been my second in three months  users should have the option to enable and disable features we dont want need or like  since the update i just dont like my phone any more which is sad as i was over the moon with it  and now  i dont like using the text messaging app  i shouldnt have to use a 3rd party app because half my screen is wasted   i hope there will be another update soon so thers an option to disable the textbox  at least

That's my sort of problem with it, it's designed for one handed mode but we don't all want that. Like in oreo you can change stuff to make it easy for one handed but in one ui you just don't get a choice. 

Top Liked Authors