Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

First Poster

They tried to listen to us. If you are bashing Samsung, you can bash Google because this is Android Pie by Google.

Navigator

Who tried? Samsung certainly haven't. Google have made UI ***** but the  again I've read that other android models haven't had issues and work better. So what's went wrong? 

Navigator

I was going to change to hewaei, but will the US and soon the UK to kick them out what's the best alternative to them and Samsung? Can't believe the likes of Apple and Samsung can't run 2 OS for those that hate this *****. I've rolled back to oreo and other the constant ***** from Samsung telling me to upgrade I'm now happy. For the time being anyway. All my apps are up to date so that scaremongering must of came from remoaners haha. 

Apprentice
This was a response to someone who commented about how they accidentally make phone calls all the time when in messages.

Besides that I hate how this update looks and absolutely hate the camera now, I have other problems that I haven't seen listed.
1. My phone frequently goes totally black and I take so long just guessing at where the brightness control bar is to try to make the screen readable. I went to the settings on the brightness control and checked to put control bar on top and unchecked adaptive brightness. But these get changed back several times a day.

2. My phone now randomly just turns wifi off. I have to continually check to make sure wifi is on.

3. My screen randomly rotates now and it didn't before. I have it set to not rotate. Have to turn on screen rotate to get it back to portrait instead of landscape.

4. Often when I pick up my phone, YouTube videos randomly start playing which is annoying. I do subscribe to some posters there, but I NEVER had this problem before. I don't even have YouTube open when this happens, but apparently the slightest touch in the wrong place activates the video from a notification.

I absolutely hate this update. I hate my phone now. I have an S8+, and am longing for the perfection of my old Galaxy S4!!
Navigator

@igottsch1 wrote:

They tried to listen to us. If you are bashing Samsung, you can bash Google because this is Android Pie by Google.

Nobody is bashing Android Pie, Pie isnt the problem, the problem is Samsung's One UI skin that sits on top of Android Pie and all the features Samsung have removed, mainly the camera software.

Highlighted
Explorer

I don't even want my Galaxy Note 8 anymore.  Does anyany have detailed instructions on how to rollback to Oreo on Note 8? If not, I will never ever purchase another Samsung device.  PERIOD!!! Thanks for any help on downgrading back to Oreo. 

Navigator

Has oreo only been going since 2017? Then why the hell change it to look total ***** like Apple! My note 8 which I've rolled back to oreo looks and feels great so why ruin it? I suspect sabotage lol... I honestly hope Samsung do the right thing... Why can't they keep everything the same with UI but add more features and more customization options? Nobody likes to be a drone if they do then crack in over to Apple where you can't really customise your devices! Samsung are missing a big trick here! Obviously Samsung will monitor certain posts and threads so come on Samsung be the bigger company and admit this is terrible and if need be revert back to oreo.... yes you might receive bad press but just think any press attention is better than none! Oh and your not fooling anyone by paying persons and or companies to give you positive reviews on the ***** we all know as Pie UI ...cheers

Navigator
Roll it back using sammobile, just make sure you decrypt your sd card I didn't now it says it can't decrypt it so not sure what I'll do on that front. Think I'll be able to just reformat it. Theirs a how to video on YouTube ... make sure it's a Windows laptop too. I used Apple at first and wouldn't work...
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.  This update is driving me nuts. I can deal with the look but when it took features away from the device that I initially purchased the device for, that was a deal breaker.  I went to Sammobile. I downloaded the Samsung USB driver and ODIN. My phone is unlocked, so I'm confused on which software version to download. 

Navigator
No you can't. You can't get the original looking icons back! Good lock will thankfully however change your buttons and the clock back! Thankfully I'm back on oreo.
Top Liked Authors