Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Voyager

You may remove my comments, but your tech support offers no help. My comments get kudos from folks because I identify with them and understand the delemma they face.  I am frustrated that I spent money on the phone and then it changed to one that I would not have paid for.  Other contributors offer the help of rolling back the update, which I was told that it would void my warranty. How is that helpful to the members? Yet, I do not see them being monitored.

Navigator
Maxozone. Roll it back it's easy and does not void anything! People are retarded
Highlighted
Voyager

defeedme,

My note 8 finally took the hit ( update to PUI) It will be the one I roll back first. I downloaded the firm/soft wares and have odin now ready.  After I give that a go I should be comfy, then I will make a run at the 9.  Thank you for the encouragement.     ~Max~

Navigator
You will love it. After the roll back the phone is even faster than new because it's a clean install of the latest oreo. And the latest oreo has some new features I didn't even know about
Navigator

Right, lemme list some non aesthetic problems:

Dumbed down camera. You can't even take selfies the right way around anymore. Picture quality is sad, I want my Note 4 back.

Ok Google can't unlock the phone anymore. 

Phone won't stay unlocked when at a certain location.

Continued conversion doesn't work in Google Assistant anymore. 

Navigator

If you have updated to the April patch then you can't roll back to Oreo apparently, the ***** have locked us out by changing the binary number.

Navigator

Yup, found that out yesterday. 

Navigator

@BackDaws wrote:

If you have updated to the April patch then you can't roll back to Oreo apparently, the ***** have locked us out by changing the binary number.

WHAT!!

This shows that they are teading these threads and are aware that people are rolling back their devices. 

I do hope that they also read and see the disgust that people feel for this OneUI. 

Voyager

Now see that's what I thought but then I found a guy on a samsung fb group, he was all up to date with pie but his binary was a 1! 

You can still root apparently if it's a 3 but it's nice to have it all official for now. Glad I rolled back when I did. 

Voyager

@Maxozone wrote:

defeedme,

My note 8 finally took the hit ( update to PUI) It will be the one I roll back first. I downloaded the firm/soft wares and have odin now ready.  After I give that a go I should be comfy, then I will make a run at the 9.  Thank you for the encouragement.     ~Max~

I thought you did this ages ago after posting the YouTube link etc? 

I did mine ages ago, I found I had to do the things to get my phone into download mode but hook up to the pc then do the final stage. If I don't do it that way for some reason it just won't install properly. 

It is nice being on oreo though 

Top Liked Authors