Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Just Browsing

I just bought an s9 and am on the verge of returning it. The UI is so annoying. I've been a Samsung user since the first Galaxy and now, I'm seriously considering going to the dark side (apple). How did you get it to go back to the previous version?

Voyager

@igottsch1 wrote:

What will the update bring?

I've no idea tbh, think it's only just about to hit the beta testing but don't think it'll take long after the pie fiasco then we'll see. 

Explorer
Oh, that's concerning. It was Samsung Support that admitted to me they are acutely aware of consumers angst and doing their best to resolve the situation in next FW ugrade eta July. This info was supplied to me less than 48 hours ago.
Navigator

@Enjay wrote:

@igottsch1 wrote:

What will the update bring?

I've no idea tbh, think it's only just about to hit the beta testing but don't think it'll take long after the pie fiasco then we'll see. 

Well, I'll just hold off ditching my Samsung then 

First Poster

Hi, 

I am an old samsung user and the S8 i bought was the perfect tools for me, using a lot the  "hey google" for a lot of tasks, i usually say my S8 + Google Assistant was my virtual secretary... Great phone, great apps, low DAS.
I always made the updates without any kind of issues.
The One UI update ruined my phone: i dont report all the problems posted here (Browser, Camera, 2 Windows...) , i just add my HUGE issues:
-Hey Google  simply dont work (in fact it work sometimes, BUT for one task and after your first command, hey google dont work at all, you need to click on the micro icon to start it. As i said, i am a heavy user of this Assistant, and this issue ruined my productivity.
-i listened podcasts & radios, it helps me to fall asleep: with One UI all the sound streamings stop after 30/50 seconds of play (and it is not a configuration issue: i spent 3 hours looking all the settings).....
- the little icons, top right of the screen, only show me the battery and the network, not the other activated icons such as Eco-battery....
i tried 99% of the web tips to bring back my services: no results.  My last option is to reset my phone, i backuped my datas & settings, as i have sensitive applications (and it is a not jailbeaked S8), i re-opened  "Smart Switch" (the backup assistant in my laptop) to check the state....
I have littles "!" telling me my internet settings or some other stuff were not saved....
i saved again: and again the "!"
times will tell but this One UI is a surely  huge loss for me.

Observer

Hate is a strong word, but I don't think the "new" updates are impressive. What was wrong with the old clock/ date display? And when scrolling through previously opened windows, I can barely read them. The old system was much, much better! Sometimes it's ok to keep things the way they are. This is one of those times. 

Highlighted
Navigator
You can change the clock and the date and the way previous windows are displayed with goodlock. Download it from the Samsung store and go to town.
Navigator

@Arya1999 wrote:
You can change the clock and the date and the way previous windows are displayed with goodlock. Download it from the Samsung store and go to town.

Yes you can. But why donwebhave to change stuff via third party apps, so that we can have what we already had? 

That being said, I do agree with you on recommending Goodlock. It is a great piece of software for customising windows 8... opps, I mean OneUI.

Navigator
The clock was moved purely for the S10 as there isn't room with the camera cutout, the s9 is finished now, it's getting nothing and the camera has been downgraded to make the S10 camera look superior. Cheap tricks Samsung
Navigator

@BackDaws wrote:
The clock was moved purely for the S10 as there isn't room with the camera cutout, the s9 is finished now, it's getting nothing and the camera has been downgraded to make the S10 camera look superior. Cheap tricks Samsung

I agree.. I think the whole OneUI was designed for the S10 range, especially the S10+ which I believe are taller than the S9s.

Top Liked Authors