Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Explorer
You are correct, and Samsung need to provide a suitable solution and/or compensation. One consideration is the amount of time resellers and consumers have spent trying to unsuccessfully correct the problems!
Highlighted
Apprentice

Since my original post I discovered a few themes fixed the OS update issue of white letters on white background and bubble fonts.  For a couple of dollars i downloaded themes that helped resolve these issues. Just a sloppy way of making an upgrade. Information like this should have been a highlight in Samsung public forums especially for the vision impaired community.

Highlighted
Explorer
A simple solution would be for Samsung or Android to enable reverse of the Firmware upgrade and they start again with a clean slate. Whilst the biggest lesson for consumers is never download a F/W upgrade without knowing what it means and has it been indepently tried and tested, which off course is a huge unnecessary burden and responsibility consumers should not have to endure.
Highlighted
Navigator

@Turbo1 wrote:
A simple solution would be for Samsung or Android to enable reverse of the Firmware upgrade and they start again with a clean slate. Whilst the biggest lesson for consumers is never download a F/W upgrade without knowing what it means and has it been indepently tried and tested, which off course is a huge unnecessary burden and responsibility consumers should not have to endure.

True. But I think Samsung knew about this being a bad upgrade, but still went ahead with it. 

I was in the Beta for this OneUI and left after a week as I truly hated it, and all my criticism at the time was about the OneUI and its uglybicons and waste of space , caused via pusing things down. I've a S9 and I need all the screen I can get, and not have things pushed down. BUT, they never listened to me nor others and here we are!!

Highlighted
Voyager

I wondered about Google but really it's a samsung thing. Huawei, motorola etc running Android 9 look nothing like ours. Friends P20 still has all it's features as before, same as the Mrs motorola. 

Anyway Android 10 is just round the corner, hopefully it'll be better and 9 is a bit of a Windows Vista episode 

Navigator

I hope so, as as it stands OneUI is a Vista / Windows 8 moment for Samsung

Highlighted
Explorer
That's interesting info, thanks.
Also, I contacted Samsung Support earlier today and they certainly realise it's a vista moment. New release around July should be a HUGE improvement!
Highlighted
First Poster

What will the update bring?

Highlighted
Explorer

@Turbo1 wrote:
That's interesting info, thanks.
Also, I contacted Samsung Support earlier today and they certainly realise it's a vista moment. New release around July should be a HUGE improvement!

Samsung Support in what country and who did you talk to? Because Samsung over here is stating something totally different and seems to give zero F's about their customers. Either way, they lost me. My next phone won't be a Samsung. I'm done!

Highlighted
Navigator

You've been fobbed off there's no huge update coming July.

Top Liked Authors