Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Explorer

@Felix76 wrote:

I think is now a given. After months of silence Samsung's response is at best absolutely disgusting. People are constantly coming here and stating much the same response and concern. The best people can do is not buy Samsung again. I certainly will not be upgrading to Samsung in the future. I will not support their actions and a sending the best message I can. 

Very disappointing but if that's how they treat their customers I don't want to be one. 

I literally came to this point last week. Rolled my own phone back to Android Oreo, as it became painfully clear that Samsung does not care about people missing key features such as Pro Mode jn video recording. Will be removing / replacing all Samsung products and will not be buying anything Samsung ever again in the future.

Voyager

Do keep your chin up. Just keep visualising the dozens of clowns on the text as they are climbing out of the car. If it is up to Larry Page (google founder), all the phones will look the same, and keep track of you. He has convinced those running Samsung that it is all for the best and that it is futile to resist. (Can't tell I am a as frustrated as you are)  clown-car.jpgSamsung Software Programmers

Navigator
Samsung you need to reply and tell us what you plan to do about the awful camera software and missing features.

Voyager

I am glad for everyones effort to exercise the boards to vent their feelings & challenges.

I would encourage you/everyone to call the support line of Samsung and ask them directly. The incident is logged, and even if they do not give any solution at the time it will show that there are problems. I really get the feeling that these blogs are not monitored and the company uses them to troubleshoot thru users instead of spending any company funds. I could be totally wrong about that but I have never seen any post by anyone at the company.

It is like the U.S. cable company Comcast, they have a wealth of troubleshooting online and community dialouge just so you will spend YOUR time fixing their problems rather than bothering them with it. 

Another thing is to return to your providers for support. In doing so it will exert pressure from a different angle on Samsung and Google.  Cheers!

PS~ My bright shiny new Note 9 is still resting in its original box with only  2 weeks use on it. That is too high a price to pay for a disposable  phone,(insert loud screams here!!)

Just Browsing
Agreed! S9 took amazing photos. Since the update, every photo is over exposed and awful. I've tried every setting! Horrible! I got the S9 also for the camera quality and now the photos look like an s5 or earlier. Trash esp when the phone is $1000.00
Highlighted
Just Browsing

Is there instructions anywhere to uninstall the update or put the cell back to factory ??

Navigator

Can I just point out that you can use Good Lock (from the Samsung store, not the play store) to fix the notification bar, the task manager, etc.? And use themes to fix the icons. Things like that are trivial and you can fix them. The dodgy camera is not.

Navigator

And the one hand operation + is so good as well, I can't go back to buttons lol

Navigator
You can change the settings for one handed operation with Good Lock too (yes, that came as a surprise to me too).
Explorer

I'm a mobile phone service provider and my phone is an S9. The recent android firmware update is terrible and ***** up what was a good S9 experience.

I've since spent many frustrating hours trying to amend/fix the settings etc that the firmware update wrecked and still undecided whether to toss the phone in the bin. And what really pisses me off is that when I complained to Samsung, I was told no-one else had complained which is obviously a big fat lie. Shame on you Samsung, shame shame shame!

Top Liked Authors