Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

You trust a company to give you beneficial updates  Not alter and change your fonts  delete personal ring tones, reset your settings you've created, remove photos on your wallpaper  (removing everything personal to you!) And then tell you in order to reverse this, you have to go out of your way, take time out of your day to go to one of their retailers and have them reverse the update for you  UGH! 

This is one of the worst corporate blunders I've seen in a long time!! 

I'm so upset  I liked my phone before .. But now..  Apple will be my next choice of purchase.  

Apprentice

Just out of curiosity, what kind of promises are you hearing? Some of us cannot get through at all.

I am in contact with some of the developers for the Samsung Theme Store. I paid a nice little chunk of money for their themes and since they are almost $2.00 a pop and I have at least 50 of them - you can see why them telling me some of them are not going to update and "sorry", isn't going to cut it!  

Explorer
Agreed. Camera is terrible. Removing the video in pro mode that people paid for is inexcusable.
Just Browsing

I have read most of the comments on Samsung website about the new Samsung update. I have the same problems. I have the galxey s8+ and this new update is HORRIBLE!!!  I'm very disappointed in them. 

Just Browsing

I have read most of the comments on Samsung website about the new Samsung update. I have the same problems. I have the galxey s8+ and this new update is HORRIBLE!!!  I'm very disappointed in them. 

Just Browsing

@SugarBunnies wrote:

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

Navigator

Purposely ruined, there's no way that camera software was considered an upgrade, no pro video mode, shutter button zoom and wtf have they done to selective focus ? SF just looks like a regular picture now, it used to be great for taking pictures of people, one thing that stood out for me was the 1.5 aperture for dark scenes which worked amazing, now theres hardly any difference. 

Very poor Samsung, I like the one UI addictions but miss all the great things you removed.

First Poster

It also has turned Samsung internet and email into a virus like creature. you turn off notifications and it comes popping right back up. I have turned off all permissions and it comes popping right back up I am so tired of this bloatware coming into my phone that my next phone maybe something other than Samsung. I've only had Samsung smartphones since smartphones came into existence oh, are you listening to me Samsung?

Apprentice

I'm in Portugal for a while and there are no Samsung Service Providers in the Algarve area that can help like back home... No one can reverse this for me without keeping my phone over night .. Wow!

And it is Samsungs' silence that is most disturbing! Was this dumbing-down of their products deliberate? Because there seems to be no attempt to reverse it from head office .. or apology!

I left Apple for Samsung a decade ago .. Brought everyone I know over... No more sadly..  

First Poster

Apple did this to me maybe 5 years ago.  Avoid Apple.  I'm going with a google phone.

Top Liked Authors