Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 06-04-2019 05:54 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Swami21
Student
Options

Naw dosent work

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

Not all apps work with split screen, if you install goodlock from Samsung there's an option in one if them to force apps to so split screen. 

But, most apps should work, are you getting the options like this? 

Screenshot_20190406-002734_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
Gummy-Bear
First Poster
Options
I fully agree, I have the S8+ and got the same update on March 1st and it is just awful! I don't know what the hell Google were thinking when they released this version, it has ruined much of the functionality which used to be seamless and intuitive. They dare to call it an "upgrade" when in fact this has substantially downgraded the user experience. I understand that software updates are needed to maintain security and compatibility, but it is wrong that they can so profoundly alter the interface with no warning and no option to opt out is disgraceful. I can think of no other scenario in which a business could willingly impose such an inconvenience upon its consumers.
ewein
First Poster
Options

This update is the worst. What happened to the bottom toolbar? Now it's always visible or you can have 3 ugly lines to swipe up on that only sometimes work. Revert it please. 

Bassiks
First Poster
Options
I hate EVERYTHING about this update. I've been a Samsung user for years! This is THE WORST UPDATE EVER! Also, it doesn't recognize my SD card!!!
Iamllh71
Apprentice
Options

@JirT22 wrote:
I agree - icons look like a child's phone, and the resolution of the screen and items seems blurry on the edges. This is a terrible upgrade, or should I say downgrade to a pre-school version from a sophisticated classy phone.

Childish is exactly what it is! My Google search was "why do the icons look so stupid in Android 9." I know the world's IQ is getting lower by the minute, but come on... If we can afford this phone and know how to use it, then we obviously aren't *****s. I feel a bit sad (and irritated) using my phone now.

Iamllh71
Apprentice
Options

@Bassiks wrote:
I hate EVERYTHING about this update. I've been a Samsung user for years! This is THE WORST UPDATE EVER! Also, it doesn't recognize my SD card!!!

I agree. I switched to Samsung when I went in to get the iPhone 4, and tried out the Galaxy...so it's been a long time. This is even worse than that annoying clock on the lock screen when we first bought the 8's. Sucks!

AmyAmz22
Journeyman
Options

I have the Samsung Note 8 -- We are missing key features from Samsung with this update - Does anyone see the samsung account/community page where we could see other contacts who owned galaxy phones or whichever feature showed "On My Galaxy"?? I sure don't and I loved that feature. In addition to this atrocious upgrade, all the themes I purchased from the Samsung Theme Store are now garbage. What was an amazing, elegant, smooth, ombre interface has now become what looks like child's play on every one of my screens?! All the hard work some of these dev's went through to create these themes have been made to look like an elementary student took over. 

These "updates" come automatically for some phones because they default to that setting. So, lets reiterate when we say this was a choice because it was not. In my opionion, Samsung has some explaining to do - it's their devices with android/google operating systems. Contracts and deals had to be made at some point ... meaning they knew what content was being put into their devices - old and new. And lets put it this way - Android Pie was released for Pixel phones ...they should have kept it that way and left the rest alone. Not shove their product down the throats of their consumers. If I wanted a Pixel phone - I would have bought one and there's a reason I didn't. #JustSaying  

Lisadoll
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely it's exactly that! A cheap version of iPhone. People enjoyed galaxy for its customizing abilities now its just like here this is what we gave you and you cant change it. All for $900 i want my money back. An LG would do me better than this upgrade  

Stopitplease
First Poster
Options

Agree..  Have an android specifically so I can set it up how I like, why is this update trying to be like apple? This is garbage, where is the fix