Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Apprentice

I think I've figured out the auto call/ butt dial from messages problem! It's not so much the call button, I fiddled a bit and was able to reproduce what was causing it to call the last texted person, the motion from hand to pocket is essentially registering that motion as the hand to ear "direct call" motion, and gestures which is defaulted to on its location being Setting/ Advanced Features/ Motion and Gestures and shut "direct call" off and the butt dial problem seems to be corrected!!!

Apprentice
For all those complaints about concerning a left sided clock that as well can be changed from setting SETTINGS/ LOCK SCREEN/ CLOCK STYLE a bar comes up below click the one says lock screen and bam all the edits you could want for the clock
Explorer

Think you find @JRau  that only affects the lock screen ( widget type) clock. Not the one that sits in the top left hand corner of the screen near notifications that once was on the left

Apprentice
If you find a new camera similar to what we lost let me know.
Explorer

That literally has zero to do with the stupid *****y clock on the top of your phone when you're using it.  

@JRau wrote:
For all those complaints about concerning a left sided clock that as well can be changed from setting SETTINGS/ LOCK SCREEN/ CLOCK STYLE a bar comes up below click the one says lock screen and bam all the edits you could want for the clock

Apprentice

Your attitude solves nothing especially when I went outta my way to try n help with something so meager and insignificant as the clock being on the wrong side of your phone screen. When you want results and help dont be so sour, as I could have probably found a solution but now I'm not so inclined. Good luck w your first world struggles. Sorry everyone else!

Explorer

I contacted both Samsung and ATT - ATT because that's who I have the phone through.  I pay a hefty charge each month on it so I'm not in a position to sell it to buy something else, etc. Basically, I was told by both - tough luck. Samsung said they might give an update in the future that would bring back some of the originals but beyond that, offered no assistance. ATT said it wasn't their problem. 

So I'm stuck with this phone that I bought for my business -- a $1000 phone that I'll be paying on for the next two years (bought in Jan) that isn't the actual phone that I bought any more.   

Explorer

@JRau wrote:

Your attitude solves nothing especially when I went outta my way to try n help with something so meager and insignificant as the clock being on the wrong side of your phone screen. When you want results and help dont be so sour, as I could have probably found a solution but now I'm not so inclined. Good luck w your first world struggles. Sorry everyone else!

Your comments solve nothing, I'm sorry you are too stupid to read what people have written and think you are the smarest around, coming into a conversation that started in Feb with dozens of software problems.  Good luck with your stupidiity, sorry for his useless notifications everyone. 

The last upgrade to my S8 is not good. Many things don't work as well
Highlighted
Explorer

CLOCK FIX - Actually works plus other fixes...

Download from the galaxy store goodlock (Not play store as that is an entirely different app)

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

Install, open and then install quickstar. Open that up. Half way down is an option to position clock. Have a good look at the other plugin option too from goodlock as there Is a lot of customization fixes. Well worth spending some time doing so.  I have managed to rectify a few issues created  from pie update now.

Unfortunately the battery problem is still a concern.

Top Liked Authors