Support

Open search

I hate Bixby

Observer
After the latest update there is no option to turn the button off. The best I could do is make Google a one press and Bixby two and long...its still $#*@ annoying! There is a few remapping apps but they have been circumvented by the last update...So Samsung are aware of their customers need to disable it but instead of helping they do this ! I wanted a good Google device and was aware of the Bixby problem when I bought it but at that stage you could disable it.
Apprentice

Did u guys find a way to delete bixby?

Apprentice

It doesn't allow you to delete it. Ever. And it will automatically update itself as well. With no control to stop it. So, basically, even though you have paid well for this phone, Samsung/Bixby still own most of it. 

Explorer

Yes of course you can delete bixby completely and than remap the key, if you want i can tell you how to do it . As you can see i did it, i know i have oreo, its because i hate one ui, the battery was so low every day, so i downgraded back and now this phone is back to life. Uninstalling bixby will work also in one ui with no problem. Screenshot_20190623-022234_Settings.jpg

Explorer

No mate I didn't find a way to remove it I just used that remapping app.  To be perfectly honest I don't give a ***** about removing their software it's just that stupid button I want gone. Samsung should be ashamed for shafting all their customers with this abomination.

Apprentice
Nice, can u explain how to make the downgrade?
Apprentice
Thanks man, this is what I did.
I just don't feel comfortable with something on my device that I can't control.
I really hate Bixby.
Apprentice

So, how to remove bixby?

@-Giacomo- wrote:

Yes of course you can delete bixby completely and than remap the key, if you want i can tell you how to do it . As you can see i did it, i know i have oreo, its because i hate one ui, the battery was so low every day, so i downgraded back and now this phone is back to life. Uninstalling bixby will work also in one ui with no problem. 

Apprentice
Yeah, how do you delete it?
Apprentice
As in, how do you delete it is you have the Galaxy s9?
Top Liked Authors