Support

Open search

How to disable ads on samsung s9

Observer

I have the same issue. It is the most annoying thing! I did what the moderator suggested and the app causing it is the samsung experience home... can't uninstalled, can't delete,  can't do anything about it. I can't even report it! So annoying... would you guys at samsung get it together and STOP THE ADS!?. 

First Poster

I am also having the same issue. It started with random full screen pop-ups. I do not know what app was causing it but I did delete a bunch of aps and those stopped. Now I have something causing my browser to randomly start and go to a crytpo-news url. It started on Chrome so I disabled the Chrome browser. Now its using Edge. Its always the same URL. I have pop-up blockers enabled, Kaspersky security. Adblock and AdGuard as well. The browser auto-starts over anything I'm using and goes to that page.

EDIT: I ended up enabling developer mode and looking at the running services list as soon as I got the ad. Turned out it was an Instagram reposting app. Once I deleted the app it stopped. 

First Poster

The exact same thing has happened to me. From what i can see its coming from Samsung home experiance which is really annoying and wondering why Samsung don't do something about it! Even tried to block the crypto sight but doesnt work. 

First Poster

@bdeane wrote:

The exact same thing has happened to me. From what i can see its coming from Samsung home experiance which is really annoying and wondering why Samsung don't do something about it! Even tried to block the crypto sight but doesnt work. 

I ended up enabling developer mode and looking at the running services list as soon as I got the ad. Turned out it was an Instagram reposting app. Once I deleted the app it stopped. 

First Poster

OH true. Ill look up how to do that. But i do have a repost ap. so will delete that and see what happens. Cheers man

Observer

I have the same problem with my note 9 have you found a way to stop the ads

First Poster
How do you enable developer mode?
First Poster
No joy yet. I went to a Samsung store and waited for an ad to pop up, but sods law, nothing happened.
I now have ads running when the screen is off but you can still hear audio.
If I don't get this resolved, I will go back to an iphone
Top Liked Authors