Support

Open search

How to disable ads on samsung s9

Apprentice

Well I cleared the cache on the Samsung Home Experience and Samsung Experience Service and that seems to have worked. It did re-set my phone a wee bit - home screens were empty, widgets removed - but that was relatively easy to set up. I'll have to monitor for a bit, of course. Huge thanks for the suggestions and assistance! The apps were driving me insance.

Of course, if this was a Theme available via Samsung that caused this, then that is pretty disappointing. Each theme cost me about $2 so not a lot of money but that money is now lost and I don't dare download more themes incase this happens again. The only warning that has come up, when buying themes, relates to the Always On display. I'm quite careful about what I put on my phone and would have never thought a Theme could be problematic

Thanks again!!!!

Apprentice

Looks like I spoke, and celebrated, too soon. I just had another pop-up so clearing the cache did not work. The "last used" app did say "Samsung Experience Home" so I can't help but wonder if this is the problem. 

Observer

I can't find Keerby on the play store 😪

AntS Moderator

@DAPick: Grrr. Are you based in the UK or Ireland? If so, if you give our Stars Team a call they can remotely access your phone and have a check for stuff.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

GRRR is very correct! :-)  Unfortunately, I'm in Canada so a phone call likely doesn't work. I guess I didn't realize this was a UK Based support system. Darn it!! 

Any other ideas??

AntS Moderator

@DAPick: LOL. No worries - you're not alone in not realising we're UK & Ireland-based. We're happy to have folks from all over, though. 

With you having tried other steps, and the evidence (wrongly or rightly) pointing to something funky going on with at least one of the core bits of the device, I think having one of our trained experts taking a closer look (either by remote or in person) would be best at not only solving it, but for feeding back info to the relevant peeps to prevent it in the future.

I'm not sure if Samsung Canada has something exactly like our Stars Team - so it may be best for you to get in touch with them directly (their contact details are here.) Although, I did find this: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/remoteservice/

Apprentice

My apologies for the delay in replying. We had a massive wind storm so were without power for 30 hours. Thank you so much for all your help. I'll take a look at the links you provided and, if that doesn't work, will do a factory reset. Although that will take care of the pop-up ads, it doesn't address the possible issue with a downloaded theme. I truly don't have any "funky" apps downloaded . . . all relatively boring stuff and the Christmas themes were absolutely the last few things I added to my device so I'm convinced it was one of those. Ahh well :-)

All the best for a peaceful and joy-filled holiday season. 

Apprentice

Me again . . . thought I'd share something interesting. I started my phone in Safe Mode yesterday; it was what the Canadian team recommended. I used the phone for an hour or so, and had no pop-up ads. I then re-booted my phone and, since that time, I've not had a single pop-up ad. I did not change anything or remove anything, simply let it function in Safe Mode for a bit. Makes no sense to me but perhaps might make sense to someone on the team. Cheers!

AntS Moderator

Thanks, @DAPick

Interesting. Possible that a non-stock app was sneakily impacting one (or more) of the stock ones (e.g. maybe more so Samsung Home Experience and Samsung Experience Service in your case) - and Safe Mode followed by a reboot broke that linked process. 

First Poster

Hi. I have had my new S9 for 5 days and I get the same ad pop up when I unlock my screen. I don't even have this app installed. 

It is from the food delivery app Talibat.

How can I remove it as it's doing my nut in.....thanks in advance...

Top Liked Authors