Support

Open search

How to disable ads on samsung s9

Hello,

I have had my Samsung S9 for 3 weeks and I did not have any problems with it until today.

Whenever I open any app there is an add poping out. 

It started from YouTube, now when I open facebook, instagram or even when I unlock my phone there are ads everythwere.

FYI I didn't change any settings ... I dont know what to do...

Please HELP!

Thank you,

Weronika

44 REPLIES 44
LiamH Moderator

Hi @misiocky

It sounds like you've downloaded a third party application which has added advertisements. You can find an in depth guide on locating the responsible app here

If you're still experiencing this issue after following the guide, let us know. 

take_01.jpg

I have problem on pop up ads on my samsung s9+ for a week, does nayone konow how to disable this ads pop up on screen please let me know!!!

Thank you! 

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Sokha

Please click on the link provided by the Samsung Moderator as that holds key info. 

Also put your phone in safe mode which turns off all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation. 

If the ads stop then take the phone out if safe mode and start deleting your most recent ones first until the issue stops. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Hi. Had similar issue. It was X-CPU widget app

Observer

Download an app called anti adware in the Play Store buy Keerby. It's an orange icon. Once you install it go in and click scan for viruses and it will bring up all the apps that you have installed yourself that are threatening and cause ads to pop-up you need to uninstall all the ones that you installed. Especially the ones in red. Do not uninstall the apps that came with the phone like Instagram, and voicemail, it finally got rid of 99% of the popups on my S9 Galaxy. Good luck. It worked for me. And it's free.

I was looking for a new vehicle and I did find one but now everywhere I go there trying to sell me another 1 how do I get rid of these ads

MasukaH Moderator

Hey @Cruier50

Are you still having this issue? Have you tried following the link to see if this helps? If not, do get back to us!

samos.png

I don't think anyone on this planet have more sympathy with you then me,

First Poster

@misiocky wrote:

Hello,

I have had my Samsung S9 for 3 weeks and I did not have any problems with it until today.

Whenever I open any app there is an add poping out. 

It started from YouTube, now when I open facebook, instagram or even when I unlock my phone there are ads everythwere.

FYI I didn't change any settings ... I dont know what to do...

Please HELP!

Thank you,

Weronika

I have same issues

Top Liked Authors