Support

Open search

How do i remove bixby.

Observer

As Bixby is closing down how do i remove it from my phone? I dont want it taking up memory if its shutdown.

Will samsung update the sw to remove bixby?

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Ian4walker

Bixby is an embedded feature of the software therefore it can't be completely removed I'm afraid. As a workaround, please swipe right on your Home screen or press the Bixby button > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Bixby Voice > Flip the switch to the left so it greys out. Go back to the Home scree, tap the cog symbol in the top right and a 'Bixby Key' prompt will appear as a drop down. Simply flip the switch to the left to disable it and this will remove any interactions with Bixby outside of Bixby Home.
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Ian4walker wrote:

As Bixby is closing down how do i remove it from my phone? I dont want it taking up memory if its shutdown.

Will samsung update the sw to remove bixby?

Hi @Ian4walker

I've disabled Bixby as I prefer the Google Assistant. 

However may I ask you to add a link to the official Samsung source that says they are "closing down"  Bixby please. 

@AndrewL has this been confirmed ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

@AndrewL wrote:
Hi @Ian4walker

Bixby is an embedded feature of the software therefore it can't be completely removed I'm afraid. As a workaround, please swipe right on your Home screen or press the Bixby button > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Bixby Voice > Flip the switch to the left so it greys out. Go back to the Home scree, tap the cog symbol in the top right and a 'Bixby Key' prompt will appear as a drop down. Simply flip the switch to the left to disable it and this will remove any interactions with Bixby outside of Bixby Home.

I thought it was my Bixby leader board that was ending . 

Apprentice
Bixby and ok Google are not compatible on the s9+. Bixby voice??? WTF? Has it's software been completed yet as it's a bloating Let Down. Known as an expensive gimmick!!

The problem with this method of "removing" Bixby is that you have to agree to the very demanding terms and conditions before you can do it.    I was encouraged when I saw that in the One UI/Pie update you could  reconfigure the Bixby key, but in fact the confifguration is just how many clicks, when I want zero.   I am left with a button on my phone that I press inadvertantly when changing the volume, bring up Bixby and I don't want anything to do with it. 

I will not agree to the Ts&Cs, so how can I remove it? 

Top Liked Authors