Support

Open search

How To Undo the Terrible Pie Update?

Apprentice

I agree! I hate this interface now more than iPhones. Makes me want to throw my phone at the wall and yet they provide no facility to uninstall it. Just 6 more months on my contract and Ill move to a different phone. The camera is especially awful and not intuitive

I woke up to the horror this mirnmor of this update. So many things about this update I hate. I can't even read a lot of things. I have a Google Pixel Theme and I think that this and the new uody conflict. My tools tray you can barely see. The letters and background are almost the same colour. Time is no longer on the right side and very greyed out. Messages looks screwedup. Unlock PIN and snooze are really small now. The list goes on. What a disaster. Thanks Samsung. Indo hope you are lostenlis and workout hard and fast to remedy this next there seems to be A LOT of complaints already about this update.

First Poster

Summed up exactly! I feel like I have a six year olds device. This is dreadful and I am majorly disgruntled at this update (that I had no choice but to download). Everything about he user interface has changed and I am unable to revert back to any of my previous settings. An absolute train wreck. Shocking.

Apprentice

After speaking to customer care and tech support, my humble opinion is, we're stuck with this rubbish update. Samsung sell millions of handsets. If we really think they are concerned about a few hundred, ( or even a few thousand ) complaints , then we are in cuckoo land. They will never spend a load of money to rewrite software just to satisfy a few. 

We also have these "independent " reviewers online, who are spreading the word about how wonderful one ui is

My big issue is, for example,  if I buy a red car and a few weeks later somebody from the garage arrives and sprays it green because they think its looks better, then I have every right to insist that it is returned back to the red car that I purchased.  Same with my phone. This rubbish is not what I purchased and I feel I have every right to ask that it be returned to what it was when I bought it

Explorer

That's how you can revert back to oreo take a back up first!

https://youtu.be/oO3bG_h_TJg

Not a good answer.  This update is HORRIBLE!!!!  I can't even determine what phone number to text based on the contact.  It doesn't tell you HOME, CELL, MOBILE, WORK, etc.  HORRIBLE!!!!  I want my old version.

Navigator
Took me about 5 hours but was able to get back my beloved OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save all my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI&lc
Navigator
@TracyR you are wrong
Navigator
@simson Took me about 5 hours but was able to get back my beloved OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save all my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.

Navigator
@TH3ROY So true!! Samsung has become UNETHICAL...
Took me about 5 hours but was able to get back my beloved OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save all my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

Top Liked Authors