Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone/earbud volume rockers not working with Samsung Galaxy s9+

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 11:24 PM)
mgagea
First Poster
Options

I have been having problems with my volume rockers on my headphones. They do not work with any application on my phone at the moment. When I first got these earbuds (apple earpods (not airpods) that plug into the 3.5mm jack) they worked just fine but at one point the volume rockers stopped functioning. I checked to see if it was the earbuds that was the problem with another phone and it works on other devices that I tried.

I have tried restarting my device, uninstalling applications then restarting and reinstalling them, and blew light air into the 3.5mm port and none of those strategies proved successful.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this problem!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the jack is clear from lint etc i.e use a torch to look and your earphones work on another phone then your phone may need to be looked at.

Have you managed to try other earphones with your phone as a process of elimination ?

At the moment the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic so it might be a case of waiting until they open.

Are you able to use any Bluetooth Earphones in the interim  ?

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes