Support

Open search

Google maps not auto changing display

First Poster

Since updating to One UI on my S9 and connecting my phone to Android Auto in my car, Google maps does not change the display from day to night, or vice versa. The only way to change the setting is to access Google maps settings whilst in Android auto on my phone before starting my journey. Is anyone aware of this issue and how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1

Same problem here on Note 9.

I isolated the problem by the method of trial and error.

The nigth colors display on Android Auto seems to be directly and exclusively controlled by One UI's night mode. 

If you turn the night mode "on" on your device, your Android Auto will be in night colors. This applies to the entire Android Auto UI: Google maps, Waze, Now playing screen, etc. 

If you turn the night mode "off", ou get the day colors, regardless of whether your car's lights are on or off.

I tried to force Android Auto to use car's lights as day/night conrol in developer's settings of Android Auto, but it has no effect. 

The only way to control this seems to be One UI's night mode.

This one seems to be on you, Samsung... 

Please fix this, or at least provide a way to automatically change the One UI's nigth mode on and off based on, oh I don't know, maybe when it is day or nigth

Top Liked Authors