Support

Open search

Galaxy s9+ security failed

SOLVED
Apprentice

HELP !! My galaxy s9+ security features just stopped working yesterday.Ive recently had a samsung update a few days ago.Anyone can swipe my phone and get into it.Fingerprint scanner no longer works.Pin doesnt work either.

Anyone else had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Problem Solved .It was my trusted devices.Unlock phone when Connected to gear 3 watch.Disconnected to the watch as a trusted device and my fingerprint scanner& pin code works now to lock/unlock phone.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
AndrewL Moderator
@Bandyandy5: If you have not done so already, please perform a Soft Reset on the Phone by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If your issue persists, please can you confirm if your original security options are in place by going to Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Screen Lock Type.
Apprentice

Hi,Yes ive tried soft reset.Still doesn't work.no security features at all.It might work once then 2nd time i try it anyone can get into phone

Apprentice

My security settings are the same as always.

AndrewL Moderator
Have you tried removing the lock screen security options and re-adding them to see if this helps?
Apprentice

Hi,yes ive tried that to and still no joy.

Apprentice

Problem Solved .It was my trusted devices.Unlock phone when Connected to gear 3 watch.Disconnected to the watch as a trusted device and my fingerprint scanner& pin code works now to lock/unlock phone.

TracyR Moderator

Great to hear that you've sorted it @Bandyandy5

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Top Liked Authors