Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s9+ screen sharing issue

(Topic created on: 19-11-2019 11:29 AM)
Nomad33
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy s9+ screenshare/mirroring to TV no longer works, now black screen.

Has been working fine for many months now stopped working. Screen goes black on samsung TV. Apps like YouTube will mirror/cast to tv ok.

Was there an update that has broken this?

My TV model is: QE65Q6FNA

10 REPLIES 10
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Nomad33

Are you still having issues with this? Can you check if the software on both the TV, and the phone is up to date?
Nomad33
Apprentice
Options

Yes both up to date...

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

How are you connecting this? If you are not using Smart View, can you give this app a try and let us know if this works? 

0 Likes
Nomad33
Apprentice
Options

Tv and phone up to date with software, Used smartview, no longer sees my TV...very frustrating as my smart TV isnt smart anymore.

0 Likes
Nomad33
Apprentice
Options

And yes they are on same network, just need to confirm it's a software issue so I can return the TV, as it no longer connects with devices.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is odd. Do you get any error code or message when you tried to connect them? I can also see that the latest software version available for your TV is: 1270.6. Is your currently running on this one and how long have you been experiencing this issue? 

0 Likes
Nomad33
Apprentice
Options

I am on that version on my TV, like I said the phone can connect as I'm getting sound, but black screen for picture, normally I can see my phone screen mirrored to TV straight away.

I've had this issue at least a week.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you made any change recently on the phone (downloaded an app, updated the software...)? Is this also happening whilst the phone is running in Safe Mode? Please follow these steps to put your device into Safe mode: Turn off your device > Power on your device normally > As soon as you see the Samsung logo, hold the volume down key > Keep hold of the volume down key until you’re onto the home screen > Safe mode will be indicated in the bottom left corner in a small black bar. 

0 Likes
Nomad33
Apprentice
Options

Apps dont run in safe mode, smartview doesnt connect at all in safe mode, so not sure how that helps...ive just tried it.

0 Likes