Support

Open search

Galaxy s9 battery drain ONE UI

Apprentice

been a month now i notice that the phone lose 20% / 30% of the battery % i did some tests i charge the phone to 100%

without using it after 5 hours battery was 60% i repeated the test with enabling airplane mode after 5 hours battery was 90% ! and i need to notice that i have the same problem with my old s7 since i updated him to android 8.

HOW TO FIX THAT ?

12 REPLIES 12
Superuser I
Superuser I
After a major update it takes some time until all applications are optimised again. You can however also check the apps that take the most energy at:
Settings -> Device Care -> Battery

I hope that helps!
Highlighted
Apprentice

no with all respect your response did not help me im not a ' normal ' user i know everything about the phone .. device care don't show what exactly causing the battery drain i did my tests , the problem is in cell standby

i had to disable the sim card service by airplane mode to fix the problem and it works with me.

but i can't continue with that method i need to call people 

Superuser I
Superuser I
Can you make a screenshot of that page? (You can make a screenshot by pressing volume down + the power button.
Apprentice

device care dont show anything i know exactly where the problem is :
enabling airplane mode the only solution to save 30% or 20% form the battery after some tests and as you see in the screen shot im on airplane mode,once i disable it and the sim card service work the drain of battery start

315953083d42eeb64c2ff127b22e7d090d388ce5621338c89288fa515defae68a86db382

Superuser I
Superuser I
The airplane mode effectively disables networking connections, do you by a chance have a weak connection for something (Mobile Network, WiFi etc.) this is because searching for networks tends to take quite a bit of energy.
AntS Moderator

Cheers, SjorsK. 

@KOUSSAY : And just to confirm, you've carried out the usual troubleshooting steps? (E.g. restarting the phone; checking that all the apps are updated?)

Are you also able to share your phone's Android version details (the ones that appear in *#1234# in the dialler.)

Edit: Plus, when you see the battery drain, can you send an error report with log files to our software team via the Samsung Members or Samsung+ app?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

I got the One UI update couple of weeks back and I experience the same!! I'm saying the EXACT SAME issue as you've mentioned. 

Need another update to fix these bugs quickly ad possible. Thanks. 

My device is Samsung S9+ (128Gb)

Network connections are excellent.

Apprentice

Hi,

I am wondering if your problem had been solved.. I am having the EXACT same issues with a Galaxy note 9. Don't know what else to do. 

I have restored phone, calibrated battery, all apps updated, etc.. If I leave the phone without use for example at night when I wake up lets say 7 hours later the battery has drained 10%, doing nothing!! The only way it would only drain 1% in that same situation is by activating the airplane mode.

TracyR Moderator

Hey all!

As @SjorsK has advised, if Cell Standby is the main source of battery depletion this means that your phone is spending a lot of power and time searching for available connections whether it be signal, mobile data or Wi-Fi.

You may want to test turning your mobile data or Wi-Fi off during the night to see if this shows an improvement.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Top Liked Authors