Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s9 - Can't update to android 9.0 / Pie stillll

(Topic created on: 28-07-2019 07:46 PM)
S9_disappoints
Apprentice
Options

We are in July/August 2019 right? My Galaxy s9 which is a flagship device is still on Oreo. When checking for updates manually it says this is the latest version. What the?!!!
BTW I bought it from the internet, not from a network operator. Using "Phone Info" app it says it is a device from the ones sold directly by Samsung, and is a UK device. It's model number is sm-g960F/DS, which is the European dual-sim version.

What Samsung? What kind of support is this ???
BTW the battery life is abysml too. I'm thinking of selling it and replacing it with a Huawei P20 which has a stunning battery life (~3 days on a single charge, used by a friend of mine).
Can anyone help me with this update issue maybe I won't need to replace this overpriced piece I've bought please ?

11 REPLIES 11
CarlH
Options

Hi @S9_disappoints. If you haven't received the One UI update yet (and have access to a computer), try and install using Smart Switch which can be downloaded here. Once your phone is connected via USB, if the update is available, it will be installed. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
S9_disappoints
Apprentice
Options

Ok Carl. Thank you for your help.
I will try to do it now and I'll update you

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
S9_disappoints
Apprentice
Options

@CarlH, no, it doesn't fix the problem ... SmartSwitch sayes the software is up to date.fff.png

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for checking, @S9_disappoints. It might be best if you pop in to a Service Centre to see if an engineer can install the update. This link will direct you to the closest in your area. 

0 Likes
S9_disappoints
Apprentice
Options

@CarlH, I will try this or more probably I will try to sell the phone and buy some other brand because so far my experience has been so bad regarding the software and the battery.
Android Pie has been out more then a year and a half ago and this is a Samsung flagship device. Not being able to update it officially is very bad support from Samsung.

0 Likes
burtysprout
Apprentice
Options
Join the club my ***** Samsung s9 has the same problem in October 2019. I won't be buying another. No support from Samsung what so ever.
0 Likes
burtysprout
Apprentice
Options
I to have the same problem.
0 Likes
S9_disappoints
Apprentice
Options

I already sold the phone with a loss and bought a Huawei P30. It's on Android Pie by default.
I hope Huawei's support is better and I'll be getting updates as soon as they come out. Anways, it's a better phone regarding battery life and all over usability and performance ... I'm very satisfied with it so far.

0 Likes