Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 won't timeout/sleep

First Poster

New issue with my phone (started 5 days ago). Previously no issues. 

Now my phone won't timeout/sleep. 

Can anyone help please?

I've checked the 'always on', & screen timeout sections. This all started the same day that I downloaded Android Auto app on my phone.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL Moderator
@Kazamanaz: It may be the case that the Android Auto app has permission to stop your screen from going idle, given that it is navigation app. With this in mind please try uninstalling the app to see if the issue persists and, if not, I would recommend looking at the permissions when you reinstall it to see if it is possible to decline any timeout options.
First Poster

Hi

Many thanks for your response. I have uninstalled the app however the issue remains. All this started last Thursday which was the same day I installed the app (not sure if this is a coincidence??).

Any help or further suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you

@AndrewL wrote:
@Kazamanaz: It may be the case that the Android Auto app has permission to stop your screen from going idle, given that it is navigation app. With this in mind please try uninstalling the app to see if the issue persists and, if not, I would recommend looking at the permissions when you reinstall it to see if it is possible to decline any timeout options.

Top Liked Authors