Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 with exynos 9810 has battery issues? is this issue real or not?

First Poster

Hi  Rafa0192

First Poster
Apprentice

If you want my 2cents as input DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY    your better off with an Apple if your budget permits it may not have 3days battery but the Plus model variants will give you easily Atleast 14hrs or. More based on your usage and overall seamless function and brilliant customer support and I speak from experience or Huawei Mate pro which a friend has gives almost 2days on one charge cycle but one has to get used to the EMUI but it's a power house.

But in the end its your decision as for me SAMSUNG NEVER AGAIN "👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Apprentice
Doesn't shock me. People can admonish and say lot of things about Apple being over priced etc but even Samsung is trying to clone them and in a bid to outdo them they've got a mess now with the exynos chipset. Atleast the former company doesn't let you down in terms of almost flawless function and platforms. Can't say that for Samsung now. Thanks for sharing the post. 🙏🏻
Apprentice
Apprentice

:smileyvery-happy: SOLD MINE LAST WEEK itself...good riddance. 

p.s : dont bother with Samsung phones as no point in having fancy features if the battery dies out in few hours.

good luck on your next buy ,if you want my 2 cents , invest in a Huawei Mate 10 pro or P20 variants they have class leading battery I am thinking of buying either one of those or Iphone 8 plus .

taa

Can samsung do anything towards tuning the chip? cause I've seen a huge difference when it comes to the snapdragon variant and the exynos variant for the s9

Apprentice

I gave up. Got a p20 Pro instead. The battery is a monster. The phone is also great once you remove bloatware and use a good launcher.

Pathfinder

@Jdaniel wrote:

Can samsung do anything towards tuning the chip? cause I've seen a huge difference when it comes to the snapdragon variant and the exynos variant for the s9

If I'm totally honest, I've seen a MAJOR improvement  since the update rolling out now.

Not just in display and battery, but raw performance too, 

First Poster

Hi ,

My Samsung galaxy S6 started giving me a battery life of 1.5 hours for some reason and I had to change fast for an out of the city tour. I bought the samsung galaxy S9 plus version. So far it has not disappointed me, it's giving me 12 hours of battery time. I am a heavy gamer and read 3-4 hours of online articles so if you are ok with a larger screen, this phone is not bad. Screen is gorgeous to look at and camera are also amazing. (This is my personal view though). Samsung also gives test-out sets, you can contact them and ask for it. It takes about 2-3 weeks where I am and you can check to see if you want to buy it.

Top Liked Authors