Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 with exynos 9810 has battery issues? is this issue real or not?

Explorer

From my findings, as I've seen two S9 devices already, the problem is real and it's not pretty :( And I am not talking bad...very bad battery life! My 7 months old S8 has way better battery life than these two brand new, two weeks old S9 ones.

Apprentice

Totally agree. Samsung is mentioning about "best performance ever", but to use phone in standard whay that it can least at least whole working day I need to enable power save mode in order to mentain battery life... Truely best performance ever indeed....

Apprentice
Well hello there.. Yes the S9 plus Exynos 9810 Chipset has battery issues.. I have reported it to the Samsung support team but in vain as their resolution to this is turn on power save 👎🏻👎🏻 but I can personally confirm that currently inspite of Being on Mid Power Saving mode option and minimal brightness and no Background Apps being refreshed my phones battery runs out of juice is approx 6hrs with an On Screen time of only. 3hrs which is Absolutely ATROCIOUS FOR A FLAGSHIP PHONE (P. S. I BOUGHT IT SIM FREE for £869 which isn't exactly cheap) so in my opinion wait for an update or invest in another handset or brand for that matter. As for me.. Currently selling it on Ebay!

Hope this helps. 😀 Good Luck!
Apprentice

I finally purchased the phone , yesterday some days before its release date, for some reasons i recieve the Snap edition! 

Apprentice

Oh ! Good for you then mate 😎 congrats on the new handset.. Snapdragon is a much stable processor on the whole. Ciao 

Apprentice

Yesterday i left it without charging during the night until morning, and it was 98% with AOD and WQHD turned on. So yes is also battery friendly😋

Navigator

Yes it's real. Loads of information on the web about it. I've found using power save mode to limit cpu speed really helps 

Apprentice

Hello to all... In my humble opinion your better off investing in a lower priced but Sturdy model than S9+ as the Exynos chipset is a power guzzler to say the least. I'm on 2nd charge cycle in 5hrs since 6am this morning and yesterday have charged it 4times in a day in spite of minimal use and  Mind you I'm  not  a gamer or a selfie fan. Shame really as otherwise its an OK phone.. The camera is also over rated with pictures that are too soft and look over the top in terms of touched up or have an airbrushed appearance and the Slow-motion feature is a joke. 

Before anyone says to optimised etc I have done everything Samsung support could suggest and this is after being on Mid power saving mode and no background apps running or refreshing! The screen time is ridiculously poor and to be fair this is an expensive handset should at least have a decent battery life to boot it but unfortunately it fails MISERABLY. RECKON the Snapdragon variant is better.. Like I mentioned earlier waiting for my salary to come in so I can trade this for a much stable phone. Thanks for reading 😊

Navigator

With ES file explorer I got into sys/class/powersupply/battery and found charge_counter file that tells u current Mah inside the battery, when mines full it's around 3450 which is less than 3500 and the fg_asoc file tells you the capacity in % and mines 98% after 35 cycles. They said s8 would hold 95% after a year. I've already lost 2% on my s9 in just over a month and half.Screenshot_20180426-174022_ES File Explorer.jpg

Apprentice
I can relate... I'm charging the darn piece of junk Atleast 3times a day .. 🙄😣😑😖OVER PROMISED AND UNDERDELIVERED.. isn't it? I've got something Like media. Codec in the device maintenance <Battery <Battery usage< media. Codec < 22% and this is upon unplugging phone from the mains after 5mins 🙄😏go figure. Support has no resolution for it. I Moved from Apple to android first time and see how its panned out. All said and done at least Apple provides overall good after sales service and are easily accessible.

Waiting to sell and buy an iPhone now truth be told.
Goodluck to you too. Thanks for your response. Bye 👋🏻
Top Liked Authors