Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 region lock

First Poster

Thanks for your message. I thought it would be a simple code job to unlock the phone but when i spoke to Samsung they said there wasn't a code and the only thing I could do was the 20 minute phone call in the country where I bought it. I thought the adviser was joking at first but he said it several times and I realised that I had the most expensive mobile phone I had ever bought in my hands and could not use it. Laugh! I nearly bought a round. That will teach me to never aspire to buying a supposedly top of the range phone again. I am now a laughing stock amongst my friends and family who all said get something cheaper and now, I wish I had.

Explorer

Hehehe... I can imagine, I felt the same way. Still though, you might want to try the solution from this guy on the xda thread I shared. It is certainly worth a try. See if you can borrow a European sim card from anyone around you and have someone call you from within Europe. Best of luck!

Observer

How can the Phone receive or make a call if the sim card or network is not being detected on the country where the phone 

was brought?

Lets say you will bring it in philippines how can it receive a phone call from middle east if the local sim card will not work in philippines?

Observer

Hi is there a number we need to ring in order to do this? I have a galaxy s9 plus that I purchased in Europe but I'm moving back to New Zealand so I need to have this lock also removed. Thanks for your help.

ChrisM Moderator

Hi @marianneb.

There isn't a number within Samsung you can call to receive a region unlock code. You need to make the 5 minute call in the country of purchase to another number in the same country, to remove the region lock, before taking the phone to New Zealand.

Apprentice

@Hazratali wrote:

I brought my S9 plus from saudi arabia. And next day I came to bangladesh. After opening the box, I saw it's written sim card only of middle east and africa. Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime I checked google for solutions and I saw everyone is saying to have a voice call for 5 minutes. But I am already in Bangladesh. Help me.

As it turned out my telephone was not district bolted as I had made 12 minutes worth of calls while in the Netherlands, utilizing a nearby sim card. In any case, I was told by Samsung that they have locale open codes for such cases. You would just need to demand such code from Samsung in the nation where you purchased the telephone.

Observer
Makes calls (10 -15 mins) from local SIM to local number and then region lock goes away... its a samsung lock.. nothing to do with network providers.

Hello I have done the 5 minutes call already two 30minutes call actually but when I still insert my sim card from Philippines it still doesn't work. Bought my s9 in Iceland

Hello. Bought my s9 on Iceland then already did the 5 minutes call actually got two calls already more than 35mins but still when I insert my Philippine sim.. it still doesnt work

Observer

@Agustin27 wrote:

Hello. Bought my s9 on Iceland then already did the 5 minutes call actually got two calls already more than 35mins but still when I insert my Philippine sim.. it still doesnt work

Hi. We’re you able to fix your problem? I have the same problem too. I bought my S9+ in Zurich, made 20 minutes phone call to a local sim with a local sim there. I was told it was already unlocked. But when I came back in the Philippines and inserted my sim card it asks me to enter network unlock code. 

Top Liked Authors