Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S9 plus phone and software is it the same quality and standard buying in UK or Spain?

(Topic created on: 02-11-2018 02:56 PM)
DaisyD22
Journeyman
Options

I am currently in Spain and the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus is slightly cheaper here and I can put it through my business so is my preferece but I have heard a few times that the software is not as good in SPain as that in the UK. 

Am I better buying the phone from the UK with the better qulaity software? Is there really much of a difference?

I want to be able to use it in Thailand, Spain and the UK so a dual SIM would be useful. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have known issues such as manufacturing warranty not being supported on imported phones dependent on where it came from and yes it'll have a particular firmware on it if bought from Samsung or a network.  

All phones bought directly from Samsung are unlocked. 

It'll be region locked so be sure to make a few calls on it using a local sim card in that country to remove the region locked. 

If the Samsung phone is not being bought from Samsung then it may have a different firmware on it so updates will have to come from that country and network. 

My preference would to be to buy the phone direct from Samsung in your own country so that I know manufacturing warranty is valid and updates come from Samsung to my phone in good time. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DaisyD22
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the advice. What I want to know is if there is a difference in the quality of the phone if buying form Spain or the UK? 

There are supermarkets in Spain doing really good deals, new phones and exactly the same spec as form Samsung its jsut Samsung charge a lot more for the phone. 

The phones are all unlocked and I will be using a UK SIM first and can use a Spanish SIM initially too. 

Just want to know if UK bought is better than Spanish? 

I was told that the software / firmware wasnt as good in Spain?

Does anyone from Samsung know and allowed to say?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome. 

I wouldn't think Samsung UK would be able to pass comment on a phone being bought from another country. 

If your buying from a Samsung Experience Store and its definitely a Samsung Official Shop then the phone will be official. 

If your buying from a standalone store then you run the risk of buying a clone which looks like a Samsung but is made up of inferior sub par parts and will probably not have Oreo on it. 

0 Likes
DaisyD22
Journeyman
Options

It is a reputable store and are all national stores and 100% Samsung phones. They are just doing deals on the phones where Samsung stores don't. I have no doubt at all they are Samsumg phones with Oreo and the ligitimate parts. 

I was asking if Samsung Galaxy S9+ phones in Spain are in any way different to those in the UK? Software or hardware. Ligitimate models bought in the samsung stores for example.

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If it's a 100% official Samsung product then the only difference could be the chipset in it. 

Also from when I was wanting to import the Samsung Note Fe into the country I became aware that there was a chance Samsung Pay wouldn't work. 

DaisyD22
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, I am in Spain at the moment so will get one here then no need to import. 

I would never use a phone for payment ever so that's ok with me. 

0 Likes