Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S9 highlighting instead of scrolling

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 09:53 AM)
AndieHillfort
Student
Options

My wife and I both own Samsung S9 handsets but recently she has had an issue were in some notes apps, texting or whatsapp when she tries to scroll on a message or piece of text she is writing it highlights the text as she moves instead of just scrolling. This somehow isnt the case in onenote, which is working fine, but is in other note apps. This is not happening on my identical handset. I thought it might be because she removed her screen protector but i have put it back on and it still does it, i have also adjusted the screen sensitivity toggle but still no difference. I have tested the screen using *#0*# and its working fully. Is there anything else I can do to resolve this as its beyond annoying as she is always writing lengthy messages and notes and wants to check over them before sending. Could it somehow still be a faulty screen or maybe an update gone wrong? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndieHillfort
Student
Options
Sorry for the late reply, an update came through which resolved the issue somehow. Thanks for your help

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AndieHillfort 

Could you check that the software on the phone up to date? Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time until the phone switches off and back on again.

Let us know how it goes!

0 Likes
Solution
AndieHillfort
Student
Options
Sorry for the late reply, an update came through which resolved the issue somehow. Thanks for your help