Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S9 fingerprint scanner keeps scanning without touching

(Topic created on: 22-09-2019 11:13 PM)
ThomasH99
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Since today I have a problem with my galaxy S9. The fingeprint scanner keeps scanning, without touching it. Because of this, the scanner can't read my fingerprint so I keep getting a error.

When I regularly use the fingerprint scanner, it still works fine. But when my phone is locked, I keep getting notifications that it can't read my finger.

Anyone else with this problem, or does somebody know how I can fix this? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
RozvM
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Remove any case if you have and clean the sensor.

Does the sensor feel anything if it's not touching any kind of surface?

Kérlek nyomj a MEGJELÖLÉS MEGOLDÁSKÉNT! gombra, hogyha az adott hozzászólás megoldotta a problémádat. Ezzel nem csak a mi munkánkat, hanem a felhasználók gyorsabb és könnyebb tájékozódását is elősegítheted!

0 Likes
ThomasH99
Apprentice
Options

I cleaned the sensor multiple times with water and alcohol, but that doesn't work.

When I use the sensor, it still works fine. But when my phone is locked and just laying down, it keeps looking for my finger to unlock it, so it keeps scanning while I'm not even trying to unlock it. Because of this reason, I keep ketting notifications, where it says: 5 attempts failed to notify fingerprint, the scan will now be blocked (for 30 seconds)

0 Likes
RozvM
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

If a factory reset doesn't help please take your device to the nearest Samsung Support Centre.

Kérlek nyomj a MEGJELÖLÉS MEGOLDÁSKÉNT! gombra, hogyha az adott hozzászólás megoldotta a problémádat. Ezzel nem csak a mi munkánkat, hanem a felhasználók gyorsabb és könnyebb tájékozódását is elősegítheted!

0 Likes
ThomasH99
Apprentice
Options

I'm not living in the UK, but in the Netherlands, where can I go then?

0 Likes
RozvM
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

You can find netherlandish Samsung Service Centres here.

0 Likes
peb671
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem and it just started today. Did you find a solution or reason?

0 Likes
Solution
ThomasH99
Apprentice
Options
It's probably broken. I've sended it to KPN (my provider) for repair under waranty and they fixed it. 2 weeks after I got it back I got the same problem again so they needed to fix it again and since then I've hadn't had any issues.
0 Likes