Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9+ (DUOS) still no software update Android 9.0 (Pie)

(Topic created on: 03-12-2019 09:30 AM)
mcgraaf
Student
Options

Dear sirs, madames,

I have a Galaxy S9+ DUOS (Model number SM-G965F) still running on Android 8.0.0, and the last update was 1st of November 2018. Since then, never got an update anymore. Android 9.0 (Pie) is out for a long time already, but my phone doesn't get updated and it tells me no update is available. 

People got experience with this and can help me out? I'd really like to have version 9.0, it takes too long already now.

If you require more information in order to help me, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Marc

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@mcgraaf wrote:

Dear sirs, madames,

I have a Galaxy S9+ DUOS (Model number SM-G965F) still running on Android 8.0.0, and the last update was 1st of November 2018. Since then, never got an update anymore. Android 9.0 (Pie) is out for a long time already, but my phone doesn't get updated and it tells me no update is available. 

People got experience with this and can help me out? I'd really like to have version 9.0, it takes too long already now.

I've found a german topic where a user solved this problem by looking for updates with the samsung members app, you could try that. Install the app, start it, choose "get support", it will show the device, tap on the device, tap "look for updates".

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Bekomme-keine-Updates-S10/m-p/1437090...

0 Likes
mcgraaf
Student
Options

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for the reply, and sorry for my late response. I didn't get a message somebody replied to my post.

But I've tried what you explained, but unfortunately it didn't work. This action can also done via the settings in the phone (Settings > Software-update > Manually install updates) and then it shows that the latest updates are installed, and this was the 1st of November.

Thank you anyways for the help!

0 Likes